passenger side pcv hose

07silvergt

Reaction score
I have a question about the passenger side pcv. There doesn't seem to be any valve that I can see. It seems to just be a simple hose to the intake, so my question is, since this goes into the intake after the MAF, how does the computer know how much air there is coming in? Would it not vary depending how hard you are on the throttle or how much blow by there is as the engine ages?
Does the computer account for it at all? If it does, how can it be any better than a guess? What if the engine had 170 000 miles on it and had more blow by and therefore more crankcase pressure, therefore more unmetered air going into the intake. What am I missing here? (I'm also wondering if that's why I'm getting pinging over 4000 rpm even though my tune has been adjusted by bama and I've run seafoam through and blew a bunch of junk out.)
This engine is stock except for CAI and tune and does have 150000 miles on it.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct, there is no passenger side pcv. The air has to come past the maf to get into the crankcase in the first place so techincaly it is metered air already, its just blows by in the cylinder and is recirced into the engine for emissions purposes. It is a negligible amount as far as the tune is concerned. You have bigger issues if you have excessive blowby on the rings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back