Paxton, Blow through or draw through?

1wldpny

Reaction score
I'm going to be running a Novi 2200 on a built motor. I want to turn the boost up a little. I would like to make 600rwhp and be a daily driver. I don't want to affect driveability. What would be the best setup Blow or Draw? Lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have the air to air intercooler setup? Then I would go blow-thru. get ya a ba5000 maf and a weld flange for it. And make a power pipe. ;)

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I have a draw through setup...being non-intercooled and using Paxton's piping that comes in the kit, it's my only real option for the time being.

Scanning and self tuning my own setup has quickly shown me the big drawbacks to running draw-through.

Blow through for the win- you're tune will be dialed much tighter and it's a simpler, cleaner setup period.

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I have a blow through setup...being non-intercooled and using Paxton's piping that comes in the kit, it's my only real option for the time being.

Scanning and self tuning my own setup has quickly shown me the big drawbacks to running blow-through.

Draw through for the win- you're tune will be dialed much tighter and it's a simpler, cleaner setup period.

What draw backs are you talking about. The only one I've had is pegging the meter sooner because usually the pipe used in a blow through set up isn't as big as the housing used in a draw through. My set up was draw through in the begining. It surged, bucked, stalled randomly. No amount of tuning could help it. The backwash over the MAF was horrible. I switched to blow through the car drove 100 times better.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Holy Jesus. I've really been in retard mode lately. Fixed my post. LOL

(In my defense- I was a witness in a hearing this morning, now have the day off from work, and have been going back in forth between doing yardwork and cooling off with a beer in front of the computer)

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Holy Jesus. I've really been in retard mode lately. Fixed my post. LOL

(In my defense- I was a witness in a hearing this morning, now have the day off from work, and have been going back in forth between doing yardwork and cooling off with a beer in front of the computer)

I thought maybe you had it backwards. All you had to say is beer and everyone will understand.

1wldpny

Reaction score
So since I want this to be a daily driver plus put out some big HP. What do I do. I had a buddy how switched his to blow through and the car would die sometimes just driving around. Car would do great at WOT. Just sometimes it die with no reason or error code. Has anyone else had some drivability issues with blow through?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Go with the blow through set up. If your buddy was having issues with a blow through set up then the tune wasn't correct. I daily drive mine and it's a blow through. And I think it puts out some decent numbers.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Novi 2200 711 to the rear on a draw through ...tuned by St motorsports (lol) most of you should really stop posting .

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Novi 2200 711 to the rear on a draw through ...tuned by St motorsports (lol) most of you should really stop posting .

No one said it wouldn't work. It's easier to tune a blow through set up and get good driveability with it.

496/469 to the tires on a Mustang Dyno. Tuned by the owner.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I plan on going blow through but what you need to do is ask your tuner to see which he prefers to tune.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I am not going blow through because I want to use methanol injection and would rather not spray it on the MAF sensor.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I'm at 626whp with the draw thru set up. Drives like stock during normal driving and moves out when nailed. Have no issues with the stock paxton intake.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
I think there is more safety with the blow-threw. the MAF reads the IAT of the air that is going into the motor, not the blower. That's the main reason I did it. You can also vent the bypass to atmosphere with a blow-threw. I got rid of the bosch by-passes and went with the Vortech Mondo valve.

It also doubles as a shoe dryer when it rains, just stick your foot infront of the front tire and instant air dryer.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I think there is more safety with the blow-threw. the MAF reads the IAT of the air that is going into the motor, not the blower. That's the main reason I did it. You can also vent the bypass to atmosphere with a blow-threw. I got rid of the bosch by-passes and went with the Vortech Mondo valve.

It also doubles as a shoe dryer when it rains, just stick your foot infront of the front tire and instant air dryer.

Works well for clearing all the pesky leaves off the street as well.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If a person sticks with a draw through setup, it is necessary to relocate your IAT sensor into the manifold.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back