Paxton car on a track? 11+

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone track their Paxton car on a regular basis? Any issues? Any concerns?

I want to start hitting up the local track for some track days and I am worried about engine longevity. Currently the car is making 630whp on 93 octane. I am sure I could detune it a bit and shift earlier to make it more reliable, but I think the heat would still be an issue.

Any opinions welcome.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldnt say that "no one does", but the issue is the heat they make. You will not find too many (even from the factory) running around a road course.

If you really want to run some sort of FI, just be prepared to do alot and I mean alot of cooling mods to run 20-30 mins.

IMO, stay N/A. Youll have alot more fun, plus the engine will last longer. Just dont over rev.

Also check the search!!! It will help alot and/or the "Corner-Carver" sub-forum, found here......http://www.s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldnt say that "no one does", but the issue is the heat they make. You will not find too many (even from the factory) running around a road course.

If you really want to run some sort of FI, just be prepared to do alot and I mean alot of cooling mods to run 20-30 mins.

IMO, stay N/A. Youll have alot more fun, plus the engine will last longer. Just dont over rev.

Also check the search!!! It will help alot and/or the "Corner-Carver" sub-forum, found here......http://www.s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

I agree with this guy, 630 is a bunch of power to make on a road coarse. N/A is always the best way to go for that type of racing. But if you want to try it i would de tune it to around 550ish just to try and be safe. Also LOTS of cooling mods. The paxton does have a very nice I/C and it keeps the IAT's pretty low. I will let you know how it works in a few weeks, I have a customer going to VIR in a few weeks with the Paxton.

Back