Paxton getting high ECTs

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Car started to get hot on me in slight traffic the other day. I started to log and keep an eye on my engine coolant temps, and the car is getting hot. I'm seeing 220-225 after a 20-25 minute drive.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
I ordered a new one yesterday. Nowhere in town had one in stock other than the factory 180°. Should be in sometime next week. I'm going to remove the old one tonight, and see what I find.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Forgot to update. Removed old one and tested it in some boiling water. It opened at the right temps. New one will be in tonight and I will install it and ensure there is no air in the system. Hopefully this does the trick but I'm not too optimistic.

If this doesn't fix it and I have to pull the water pump off then the motor will be coming out. It will be a good excuse to finally install the forged components I've had waiting.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
So after replacing the thermostat and a little more digging I realized the air from the BOV was fooling me into thinking the fan was running.

Removed the fan, and the plug that goes into the resister is melted on the wiring harness side. Picked up a gt500 fan, but will need a new pig tail. I've had no luck finding one any help will be much appreciated.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
there's a thread on the melted plug issue - probably a solution there for you.

jp1seattle

Reaction score
After adjusting my intercooler piping a couple times, I really wish there was a good plug n play thin fan alternative just to free up space.

The wires to my fan are OK now, but I noticed that they had pinched between the BOV and the fan shroud.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
After adjusting my intercooler piping a couple times, I really wish there was a good plug n play thin fan alternative just to free up space.

The wires to my fan are OK now, but I noticed that they had pinched between the BOV and the fan shroud.

If you replace the paxton BOV with the JPC Tial one that replaces the bottom pipe next to the inter cooler outlet then you won't have a problem with fan wires (includes block off plate for Paxton BOV). I also got the jPC custom fan shroud which gave me a little more room around the inter cooler pipes. I was able to slip the fan shroud into place from under the car with the SC bolted in place.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back