PCM repair recomendation please

Victorslik

Reaction score
As stated I am specifically looking for outright purchase not repair or exchange. At this point protechautosystems.com is the only outfit I find to sell outright, no exchange no rpr. Just talked them they don't do paypal(which I'm familiar with disputing bad sales online) but they do take all major cards. Of course their webste says Free Tech Support 100% Satisfaction One Year Warranty Money back guarantee and talking to via phone all sounds good $799 programmed w/keys just have to have keys cut to fit my lock cylinder. So far the only outright seller and only personal recomendation I've been able to find on ANY ccm purchase/rpr experience.I'm giving it till the end of the week for anybody to chime in with their experience with this outfit or another but looks like the direction I'm going. This way I keep old PCM/key on the shelf for future emergency. thanks all and still welcoming more replies.

Victorslik

Reaction score
Final resolution, all should post a final. Pro-Tech Auto Systems outright replacement PCM, no exchange for the obvious reason. I ordered totally pre-programmed w/2 key blanks because I only had one with the old unit. Total flawless success so far. Could not have been easier. And if there was any kind of tune it doesn’t matter. Running a bit better, smoother and stronger than ever. I hated to spend so much money and just be a parts changer but now I still have the old one that I may or may not have rpr’d or attempt to rpr myself. None of my random DTC’s(o2 resistance low, slow or no response etc) have returned after 10 drive cycles, mostly 20 miles or more, and the a/c compressor runs when and as it should. Thanks to all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back