Perfect run

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I've only been racing for 5 years but tonight I had my first perfect run. .000 rt and ran 13.150 on a 13.15.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, down to 1/1000th of a second, twice. That is so hard to do, I have only seen it done once. You should frame that timeslip!

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats!! I have been bracket racing 25 years and have had several .001 packages, but never perfect. Good job!!

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the slip. I don't have a scanner so I took a pic of it. Hope it's readable.

perfectrunedited.jpg

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the slip. I don't have a scanner so I took a pic of it. Hope it's readable.

perfectrunedited.jpg

Thats great. When I ran my race car I would look for guys in 12 or 13 sec street cars heading to staging thinking it would be an easy round win. I bet the guy you raced couldnt believe his eyes!! Excellent job!!
BTW...he was dumping on you at the end.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats great. When I ran my race car I would look for guys in 12 or 13 sec street cars heading to staging thinking it would be an easy round win. I bet the guy you raced couldnt believe his eyes!! Excellent job!!
BTW...he was dumping on you at the end.

Quaker City pretty much did away with duck hunting, you never know who you're going to race now which is the way I like it. The guy (kid) I raced I think is 19 years old. Twice this year he has won Mod and Top on the same night. He won a $10,000 race earlier this year. He's a really good racer. His game is sand bagging though. He holds about .1 every run and tries to back into the win by taking as little stripe as possible. He took .02 that run. I laughed when I saw the slip and noticed his 1000' MPH was more than his 1/4 MPH.

JerryC

Reaction score
I hate bracket racing, to me a drag race should not include braking to win.

But there's nothing like running your dial on a great light and seeing Mr sandbagger grinning as he's on the brakes and watch him breakout.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
I liked running at Quaker for that reason. As far as the bracket racers, as long as you dial tight and hit the tree hard you are fine. I always look my opponents car over just to see what part of their car might take the stripe. Some people run a flap under the front. Other than that I pay no attention to them.

Sand bagging is part of the game. I last raced there in 08 in a Green Dodge Demon that ran high 9's low 10's. You might remember it. I was in the top 3 in points until I had to quit that year due to an ilness. There are some pretty good racers at that track.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I liked running at Quaker for that reason. As far as the bracket racers, as long as you dial tight and hit the tree hard you are fine. I always look my opponents car over just to see what part of their car might take the stripe. Some people run a flap under the front. Other than that I pay no attention to them.

Sand bagging is part of the game. I last raced there in 08 in a Green Dodge Demon that ran high 9's low 10's. You might remember it. I was in the top 3 in points until I had to quit that year due to an ilness. There are some pretty good racers at that track.
I might remember the car if I saw a picture. I hope you're feeling better. The racer I beat with that run ran a Jr in 2008. His name is JP Schuster. He is a heck of a racer.

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
Psh. .0008? Amateur...

J/K! Awesome run man. I've never come close. I'd skip framing it and just get it tattooed on my back, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back