please HELP loud screetching noise from right front tire

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
hey guys my roommate is havein a problem with his standard 05 mustang v6 and i told him i would ask on here if anyone else had this issue or if anyone could help. he drove the car this morning and everything was fine. he came home for 30 minutes and when he went to leave the front right tire was making a god awful noise. i could hear it in my house. everything still seems ok when he drive except for that loud noise with any movement forward or back. any suggestions on what it could be and what i need to do to help him fix it. thanks

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
Positive it's the front tire? I think there's a Technical Service Bulletin out on freezing parking brakes.

Everything works ok while driving and braking? Does it make the noise only at slow speeds in reverse and forward?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
maybe his brake pads are worn down and need replacing? Look at the pads and see how much is left on them. Probably not much, especially if still stock from '05!

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I've had a break pad clip come loose and was either hitting my rotor or just moving back and forth making an annoying squeaking... Poke around the them and see if they move at all. I shimmed mine to stop it.

Mahstang

Reaction score
Mine did this a few weeks ago. I pulled over and couldn't find a thing. Drove off and it was gone. i think a rock got in between the rotor and caliber.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
the stone in the dust shield or caliper has happened to me a few times with this car. sometimes just backing up will throw it, sometimes have to remove the caliper.

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
I have this same problem in my bullitt. I havent had time to take the wheel off and look at anything yet though. I hope it's something simple like a rock. But it's been happening for a few weeks so I doubt it wouldn't have fallen out by now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back