Poor Spanky!! The story of my 2011 GT

Reaction score
I've decided if my motor blows because of this #8 piston issue and Ford refuses to fix it they can just have the fucker back. It is financed thru Ford Motor Credit after all! :thumb2:

Word up. Credit rating out the window, y0!

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that this morning on AFM. He needs to get a lawyer or something. They did not honor his warranty because of a forum post which had nothing to do with his 2011 GT.

Did you see in those same pictures of the communication, that one dealership was dealing with the same problem with a totally stock 5.0?

Yeah the have actually been posted on FORD Motor Companies' Facebook page. He also posted that he spoke to Jim Sutton from AutoNation (Owner of Maroone) and he told him the ticket on the vehicle is still open yet the OASIS report clearly states "Powertrain Warranty Cancelled" there is also another interesting tidbit to this case in that the OP filled out a survey at Maroone Miami in which for doing so he received a FREE tank of gas and they used 87 in the car. He returned to the dealer complaining of detonation and was informed that they "admittedly" added 87 oct. So at least imo the issue with #8 coupled with 87 octane could have essentially created an issue that took a few weeks to show itself.

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
What's the difference between a mail order and custom tune?

there is e tune custom and e tune canned so when you say mail order you have 2 choices..you can work with a tuner who does e tuning that is customized for your specific vehicle or you can get tuned via email by preloaded generic one size fits all canned tunes

what we offer is a custom tuning expereince.. a relationship that can span several years and is available for whatever you might do to your vehicle present and future..we send you a base tune for your mods then request datalogs and AF readings sent back to us so that the tune can be optimalized and assure that it is safe..

all our tunes are based on datalogs from dyno runs of similar vehicles that have been dyno tuned at our shop

I dont recommend doing e tuning any other way than with a reputable e tuner who is always accessible to talk to when needed and finalizes your tune based on datalogs and AF from your vehicle..

on another note..as a former owner of a Lincoln Mercury dealership.. I find this thread very interesting..

voiding a warranty is pretty much at the discretion of the dealership..but they do consult with Ford.. and trying to push against FOMOCO is like trying to push back the ocean

SCRPON

Grim Reaper™
Reaction score
there is e tune custom and e tune canned so when you say mail order you have 2 choices..you can work with a tuner who does e tuning that is customized for your specific vehicle or you can get tuned via email by preloaded generic one size fits all canned tunes

what we offer is a custom tuning expereince.. a relationship that can span several years and is available for whatever you might do to your vehicle present and future..we send you a base tune for your mods then request datalogs and AF readings sent back to us so that the tune can be optimalized and assure that it is safe..

all our tunes are based on datalogs from dyno runs of similar vehicles that have been dyno tuned at our shop

I dont recommend doing e tuning any other way than with a reputable e tuner who is always accessible to talk to when needed and finalizes your tune based on datalogs and AF from your vehicle..

on another note..as a former owner of a Lincoln Mercury dealership.. I find this thread very interesting..

voiding a warranty is pretty much at the discretion of the dealership..but they do consult with Ford.. and trying to push against FOMOCO is like trying to push back the ocean

Interesting.... Thanks for the info Bro! :thumb:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Yeah the have actually been posted on FORD Motor Companies' Facebook page. He also posted that he spoke to Jim Sutton from AutoNation (Owner of Maroone) and he told him the ticket on the vehicle is still open yet the OASIS report clearly states "Powertrain Warranty Cancelled" there is also another interesting tidbit to this case in that the OP filled out a survey at Maroone Miami in which for doing so he received a FREE tank of gas and they used 87 in the car. He returned to the dealer complaining of detonation and was informed that they "admittedly" added 87 oct. So at least imo the issue with #8 coupled with 87 octane could have essentially created an issue that took a few weeks to show itself.

Just read all 20 pages @ AFM and if the guy in this thread is telling the truth both here and there, then FORD owes him a motor. IMO.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
you are welcome but IM not a bro LOL

raquel-welch-photo-2.jpg

:thumb:

RTRBURN

RTRBURN MOTORSPORTS
Reaction score
I wish some of you Tuner Shops would Jump in and defend your tunes.
What changes are you guys exactly making?

I have yet seen anyone ask the question...If an Aftermarket tune is the problem, What are the chances of all these engines being tuned by the exact same tuner shop? It looks like the issue is coming from different owners with different tunes from different tuner shops...So are all the tuner shops sharing tunes on Twitter or Facebook to attack the #8 cylinder? Why would it target only cylinder #8? There is no way a tune is gonna target a specific cylinder...but a faulty design or location of a oil squirter on a specific cylinder...now that makes sense.
So if its tune only cars...then why isn't everyone that has the tunes having issues?
I wander how many of you was at the point of pulling the trigger of getting MODS untill you start hearing of the issues at hand, but now are the ones jumping on the "you got what you deserved" bandwagon.
I have heard of #8 failures but no mis-fires recorded and none found in PCM.
I find it hard Ford can void warranty on modifications that they also sale if installed by an authorized dealer...but I would have to say that some of the top tier tuner shops have done more installs and experience installing their own product then an authorized dealer.
I agree if you have someone that is spraying a car or supercharging/turbocharging a new car and something fails...then its on you. But if the car is still Naturally Aspirated and long block is 100% stock and you can prove the tune is not the issue, then its a different story.
I think everyone needs to take a step back, work together and find a solution to the issues.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I wish some of you Tuner Shops would Jump in and defend your tunes.
What changes are you guys exactly making?

I have yet seen anyone ask the question...If an Aftermarket tune is the problem, What are the chances of all these engines being tuned by the exact same tuner shop? It looks like the issue is coming from different owners with different tunes from different tuner shops...So are all the tuner shops sharing tunes on Twitter or Facebook to attack the #8 cylinder? Why would it target only cylinder #8? There is no way a tune is gonna target a specific cylinder...but a faulty design or location of a oil squirter on a specific cylinder...now that makes sense.
So if its tune only cars...then why isn't everyone that has the tunes having issues?
I wander how many of you was at the point of pulling the trigger of getting MODS untill you start hearing of the issues at hand, but now are the ones jumping on the "you got what you deserved" bandwagon.
I have heard of #8 failures but no mis-fires recorded and none found in PCM.
I find it hard Ford can void warranty on modifications that they also sale if installed by an authorized dealer...but I would have to say that some of the top tier tuner shops have done more installs and experience installing their own product then an authorized dealer.
I agree if you have someone that is spraying a car or supercharging/turbocharging a new car and something fails...then its on you. But if the car is still Naturally Aspirated and long block is 100% stock and you can prove the tune is not the issue, then its a different story.
I think everyone needs to take a step back, work together and find a solution to the issues.

I was just reading a thread on another forum. AM, Brenspeed, & Lethal all chimed in. AM (Bama) said they had two weeks worth of codes that had adjusted the knock sensor and have since stopped doing that and sent all the owners new codes as replacement. Brenspeed said they never touched the KS and Lethal said they redid their customers codes and made them safer while still making the same power.

RTRBURN

RTRBURN MOTORSPORTS
Reaction score
Found this little article...Very interesting...Light at end of tunnel!
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/...s-and-aftermarket-parts-for-the-2011-mustang/

When Ford issues a TSB, it’s usually to correct an existing problem or defect with a car. For example, up until now Ford has issued three Technical Service Bulletins for the 2011+ Mustang to correct problems with the clutch, fuel pump and cold shifting. The latest TSB, however, is curiously different. It addresses the fact that “some 2011 F-150 and 2011-2012 Mustang vehicles equipped with the 5.0L engine may have unauthorized modifications to the powertrain hardware and/or calibration which may result in exceeding component design limits. Such modifications could cause damage to the powertrain and/or void the factory powertrain warranty.” In addition, ford says that “attempting to increase the engine output via recalibrating the PCM may result in poor drivability, DTCs, or component failures.”
A Ford representative, when asked about the TSB, told us that “customization is a big part of the Mustang ownership experience. This [TSB] is designed to alert people to the possible damage and warranty ‘voiding’ one can incur if they modify their vehicles beyond factory specifications.”
Ford has told service technicians to “inform owners that the current 5.0L calibrations adjust fuel and spark settings for maximum performance with production hardware, while protecting the engine over a wide range of operating conditions. This includes a knock sensor calibration enabling optimized performance based on fuel grade usage – see Owner’s guide for details. Aftermarket hardware and calibrations risk damage to the engine.”
In addition, Ford technicians are advised to look for excessive cylinder pressure and temperature (piston damage, spark over-advanced, insufficient enrichment and catalyst damage), increased RPM limit (piston damage, connecting rod damage, oil pump damage, catalyst damage and clutch damage), and knock sensor calibration changes (piston and/or ring damage due to improper knock control). Technicians are also advised to look for common aftermarket parts including intake systems, superchargers, nitrous systems, throttle bodies and exhaust systems.

So what does this mean for owners of 2011+ Mustangs? First off, know that Ford can’t automatically void your warranty due to aftermarket modifications. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 states that it must be proven that an aftermarket part directly caused a failure to original equipment parts to void a warranty.
However, if you are going to modify your car, whether a simple tune, exhaust system or a supercharger, know that not all aftermarket parts and products are produced with the same quality. Increasing horsepower and torque can be done safely, but it can also be done in a way that harms the engine’s internal components. If an aftermarket tune causes an engine to run lean or if excess boost from a supercharger breaks a connecting rod, then Ford can legally void a powertrian warranty.
The lesson? Modify with care, and make sure to do your research before you buy aftermarket parts. Make sure to read the fine print. Some aftermarket parts are designed to exceed the limits of the factory parts and require additional components to handle the increased performance. Overall, aftermarket products designed and produced correctly will safely provide increased performance for your Mustang without damaging the factory components and will not void your warranty.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Tuners can only adjust the items that their tuning software will let them, and the company's that wright the software pay Ford licensing fees for the maps, so I don't think anyone of them will post something to a forum. We saw how fast the Ghost Cams went away. As far as voiding warranty, the people that Lie, and return thier car to stock are posibly trashing the proof that thier mods DID NOT cause the problem.

mobeydick

forum member
Reaction score
Oh well, you tried Dave.:beer:

Damn,bitch slapped by the pink stick .

:dunce: I don't know if you're drunk, high or both but you're all over the place man. I agree with your point of view in that the OP took a risk and rolled snake eyes but to start popping off to other members and then to thumb your nose at.one of the Moderators...:thud:

Chill out man, there are enough knowledgeable folks on this site to figure out the new Coyote isn't trash just because a couple of people fucked up and had a bad experience. If Ford needs a spokesman on the car forums, I'm sure you'll be a top candidate. For the time being, wear your new title with pride cause you earned it LOL
Yea, the OP is caught LYING and Trying to gain sympathy for committing Fraud against a company that all of us are very likely to purchase a vehicle from in the future and the OP is not banned and the Thread is not deleted as any good moderator would have done. Someone who states the Truth and what it's going to take in the REAL world to get Ford or any Mfg. to Warranty any vehicle altered in a similar manner is banned for week and given pink board to look at I guess! I haven’t been back in week. With moderating like that who would want to! Good going stkjock!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is a final comment to you MD - as you cannot seem to understand it previously, even though it's been posted multiple times.

it has nothing to do with the statement of your "truth" it's how you've continuously been an ass about how your posting. So get it straight. Act accordingly and all will be fine.

As to the OP being banned and the thread deleted.......... :lol: get real. You're obviously new to this board and simple don't get how it works. Maybe less posting and more reading would help you out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back