Post accident vibration

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally, i'm thinking something to do with the carrier or carrier bearings. But can't come up with any scenario with the accident that would have caused issue with them either.
Unless it was the drastic instant temperature change from operating temp as a result of driving 300+ miles to being instantly in 40 or so degree water.
That's plausible. Maybe you should try swapping out an axle assembly?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
One thing to note. While on the lift, noticed a puddle of fluid sitting in the left rear wheel. Looked as though it was coming from the axle seal. So the seal was replaced also. Initial thought was either mud impacted between the disc and the seal causing the leak, or the leak maybe caused by the 300+ mile drive home and vibration.

*Ahem*

Axle bearing.

:popcorneat:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I heard ya SD. Pretty sure the bearing was inspected when they disassembled it to replace the seal. When they aren't getting paid anymore, they don't like doing shit twice.

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
My (now) Ex roommate slammed my car into a curb and bent the passenger rear axle. It would vibrate very bad at highway speeds and the right rear would squeak like mad.

Replaced both axles with moser's and havent had a problem since.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I heard ya SD. Pretty sure the bearing was inspected when they disassembled it to replace the seal. When they aren't getting paid anymore, they don't like doing shit twice.
If it turns out to be the axle , dont buy one , I have 2 stockers here in my garage you can have if you end up needing one.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kewl, thanks Billy. Of course I won't have any way to hike out to East Texas to get them.... but I will certainly take ya up on it. Provided it ends up being something that insurance isn't going to unass the cash for.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Kewl, thanks Billy. Of course I won't have any way to hike out to East Texas to get them.... but I will certainly take ya up on it. Provided it ends up being something that insurance isn't going to unass the cash for.
Not a problem I go to Dallas everyday!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hard to pass that up. Tell the insurance to pay for the labor...could save them some $$

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Hard to pass that up. Tell the insurance to pay for the labor...could save them some $$
To be honest Im not looking out for the ins company just Hawg. As much as we pay for ins I think they can hadle it. If its on his dime though the axles are here and waiting.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No dought! I pay $700.00 a mo now just for all of my auto ins. , not counting the house, med, life,boat , jet ski, liabilaty, and work comp.

for how many cars?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn that's a lot of cash, I have 3 and if I pay 250/month for the three that's it and in NY (one of the higher cost states)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
damn that's a lot of cash, I have 3 and if I pay 250/month for the three that's it and in NY (one of the higher cost states)
I think the tickets (6 points) ( hell and an extra $150.00 per year for my DL) and the 16 yr old ( $100 per mo extra for the kid alone) have something to do with it. LOL!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the tickets (6 points) ( hell and an extra $150.00 per year for my DL) and the 16 yr old ( $100 per mo extra for the kid alone) have something to do with it. LOL!

that f350 has something to do with it too when i went from my superduty to the stang my insurance actually dropped a dollar a month .....and i figured they would rape me on the car because im younger but i pay right at 280 a month for 2 vehicles and 3 small life ins. policys , the life policys are actually free because i got a 15% discount for having 2 diff policys

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

AHHH 16 yr old!!! that explains it all!!

sorry for the jack Doc

Any progress on narrowing down the vibration

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any progress on narrowing down the vibration

Hell, I thought this was the how much do I pay for insurance thread so I quit following it.

They have the rear end disassembled and did not find anything that looked bad or bent, but have ordered parts anyway and (I think) taking the shot gun approach.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell, I thought this was the how much do I pay for insurance thread so I quit following it.

They have the rear end disassembled and did not find anything that looked bad or bent, but have ordered parts anyway and (I think) taking the shot gun approach.

well at least they are trying to figure it out hell if anything you will have all new parts throughout half the car lol and watch it be something stupid as hell that you would never think it would be .....well i hope they figure it out soon for ya bud i know exactly how it feels to have the ride down for a while :tdown:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back