Premium GT vs Base GT

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new GT, I like all the extras thats come with the premium model but jesus that shit costs so much more. In HI your looking at $6-7k more for the premium. For you all that bought the base GT are you happy with the seats and the lack of extra goodies the premiums come with?

jhunt47

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't bought a new mustang but have bought enough new vehicles to know get what you want. The cost per month on 5-6k is roughly 100-125 a month. What I've seen a lot of people do is try and settle for the cheaper. Then those people sink the same amount into the car to make it nicer.

Zodiac

forum member
Reaction score
I went base on my 13 and again base on my 15. I don't care about the extras in the premium models, so I've been happy with my purchases. If you really like all the bells and whistles don't settle.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
The base and premium seats are the exact same, it's only the cover material that is different. I had Premiums in the past and the S550 Base has a lot more standard equipment than previous year models. I have been happy with my base model, but I am going to get Katzkin seat covers sometime soon, and I've already purchased a full OEM My Ford Touch system that I will be installing when I am home later this year. Premium is nice if you don't mind spending the extra money.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
The base and premium seats are the exact same, it's only the cover material that is different. I had Premiums in the past and the S550 Base has a lot more standard equipment than previous year models. I have been happy with my base model, but I am going to get Katzkin seat covers sometime soon, and I've already purchased a full OEM My Ford Touch system that I will be installing when I am home later this year. Premium is nice if you don't mind spending the extra money.

Do you have a part list for the OEM My Ford Touch System?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Do you have a part list for the OEM My Ford Touch System?
Go to m6g, there is a guy who sells a complete conversion kit.

And my 13 was a base, decided to limit myself to the premium when I started searching for an S550. I wanted to not have to dick around with adding nav to another car, and that air conditioned seats were a selling point. If you're buying used, either be ready to pounce on the right deal, or hope to find a dealer that bought one at auction and doesn't know the difference between a base and premium. Being on hawaii, that might be a little less common, though.

Plus, the rear bumper is better looking on premiums vs the base, IMO.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Air con seats?
Drool......man I'd love those
High 90's and 90% humidity gives serious swamp ass

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I also settled on a base for my current '13. It was OK at first, but as time has gone by, I really, really, really wish I had held out for a premium. My wife has a '14 Premium V6 Vert, and I am jealous of the interior and stereo system on her car.

When the time is right for me to make the jump to an S550, it will absolutely, 100% be a premium model. I gotta have those heated and cooled seats! LOL

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Plus, the rear bumper is better looking on premiums vs the base, IMO.

Thats a big point for me. You have to upgrade to a premium bumper to add any of the cool diffusers. Im pretty much sold on the premium just need to find a good price. Dealers out here want to sell for MSRP or more!!!

Anybody use X plan pricing? I can join the MCA and get a pin to get that pricing. What would the discount be for a MSRP of $43k? Can I order a car to be built with the x plan? I read it takes 60 days to get your pin after you join. Could I place my dealer order and then bring up x plan pricing when it arrives at the dealership months later?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 13 premium with all kinds of geek options interior wise. Heated seats, dual climate control, navigation, upgraded leather. The upgraded leather I thought took away from the mustang look after getting it up next to a mustang with standard leather interior. The heated seats got used maybe 10-15 times and weren't that heated compared to others I have had. The navigation system? A toy that lost its novelty and the climate control was simply something as well that never really got used. I traded it for a 14 premium with just the standard premium options except for the automatic. I wanted to go automatic. And I have not regretted anything since. The LCD instrument display is the single biggest selling point. Could I gain the same thing by plugging an aeroforce gauge into the EECIV port? Yes, but I could also have picked up a base model with aftermarket Katzskin leather interior upgrade for near the same price. IT was a win - win, and I don't miss the toys at all. If you need guided assistance GPS units are $100 for a nice one with free lifetime upgrades. The Ford Nav system is $249 last notice I got for a map update.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Update

Found a 2016 GT Magnetic premium, auto with navigation outside of Seattle for $33.6. Bought it and am Shipping to Maui.. I'm freaking stoked!

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Update

Found a 2016 GT Magnetic premium, auto with navigation outside of Seattle for $33.6. Bought it and am Shipping to Maui.. I'm freaking stoked!

Very nice! I was visiting my Uncle who lives on Oahu this summer and he did something similar. I forgot who he shipped it through.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Im using Matson. Once its loaded on the boat it'll take two weeks. I should have it the first week of November. Im so excited!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back