Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the S197 Mustang GT. Available now.

Discussion in 'Vendor New Product Releases' started by Josh/AWE, Mar 8, 2018.

1. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Yes to all of this. Also if you look at a factory exhaust on the 5.0 and look at the resonators. You will see on each resonator a strategic dent in different spots between both banks. his is to cause a disruption and help delete drone.

Even a simple bend in the exhaust piping can cause more drone or less drone as well as the material the pipe is made from. I love this stuff and waiting to start fluids class lol. There are many ways to do this honestly and to each their own.

2. Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE Official Site Vendor

Everything we manufacture is of straight-through design.

Thanks for the kind words. We do offer diamond black tips.

Two resonators handcrafted from premium materials featuring proprietary, patented technology to produce said non-raspy tone. Not to mention a properly-engineered ball&socket connection unlike others. I'm a firm believer of if you're going to do something, do it right the first time around :)

3. Josh/AWE

dB readings can be very misleading to the point they're irrelevant in the grand scheme. Measurements taken from one vehicle can be completely different in another, or one vehicle can read louder at one track station and different at the next. It boils down to surroundings.

4. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Just out of curiosity, "properly engineered ball and socket connection?"

What exactly is wrong with these types of connections and what makes this one stand out compared to other peoples products? Just curious is all.

Also do you plan on anything for the 3v?

5. Josh/AWE

They work how they're supposed to (apologies if you were expecting something more dramatic) and allow perfect fitment.

Not at this time, unfortunately.

Fun fact, this is the first time in our organization's history we "engineered backwards," i.e. went back a generation from where we entered (initially S550). But I do not foresee us going any further, but it could always change in time.

6. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Hahahaha thanks. Good answer.

Well darn. I will say though, they do make the coyote sound very good. I'm a nut when it comes to different sounds between different mufflers lol. I have tried out 6 different ones on mine just because I wanted to see the difference in the cabin and out between drone and tones. Including a stock set and GTB set all with off road H and longtubes.

7. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

Then I suggest proving it in another way. Make a video clip before and after under load at 2000 RPM pulling a hill with the stock exhaust vice your exhaust and let the ears of the purchaser hear if there is drone or not. The DB meter would have simply been a stock V aftermarket reference, not an guarrantt
    The system sounds good from outside the vehicle. There is no doubt about that. I do like what I hear there. The issue is still proving no drone from it. Since you claim the testing being asked of you isn't reliable, then may I suggest offering a 100% guarantee that the TOURING system will not drone. 100% money back including shipping if after 30-60 days the driver experiences drone. Sounds crazy I know. You can mandate the no drone conditions as you wish; E.G. no other exhaust mods, or header only mods, or cat delete only mods...whatever. But if your claim is legit this will only provide further confidence in the purchase decision and sales can only go up.

8. Josh/AWE

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  9. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

^ Not bad. Thanks for posting.

10. Josh/AWE