Problem Found, or Created During DS Install

spyder7724

Reaction score
Dude, I'm genuinely excited for you!

Will they be exactly that same as they are now, or different? Will they still use a different than OEM pinion flange?

thanks and yes they will be exactly the same as they are now since the basic shaft is manufactured by them to begin with. I think having their engineers and equipment can only make the product better since they have even more advanced balancing equipment.
they will still use the new flange as the stock flanges just aren't engineered for use with a u-joint and i don't believe in using adapters when the correct components are available for use.
hopefully this whole deal will come together in the next week or two so i can get a production order started. i imagine it might take a while to receive my first shipment and Ford doesn't have many of the cores left i currently use.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow!!!! you guys are totally freaking me out! I had 4:10's installed several months ago by a shop in FT.Worth (Clutches and Differentials I think it was, will have to look to be sure) and have absolutely no problems with whine or vibration, even at 135 mph. THey told me that they only use FRRP "A" gears.
I paid a total of $412.50. Am I just lucky or are they just good?

Johnmicheal, man I hate to hear all the hassel you're having cause its keeping you from stomping some HEMI ass! After gear change I have insulted a few of the 425 hp chargers, and several LS1 Fbirds and camaro's. You got to get your ride going so you can get back in the action. Good luck Bro

J

Johnmichael

Johnmichael, man I hate to hear all the hassel you're having cause its keeping you from stomping some HEMI ass! After gear change I have insulted a few of the 425 hp chargers, and several LS1 Fbirds and camaro's. You got to get your ride going so you can get back in the action. Good luck Bro
Thanks, Bro. I appreciate it. I'm sure the mystery will be over soon, then I can hit up Bradenton Motorsports Park and finally have some fun with the car. At least the temperature will be a few degrees cooler when it 's all said and done.

Dave, if there's any good to come of this issue it's that I've (and others) learned a lot about differentials, and we all got to see that there's still some shops out there that truly care about their customers. :clap:

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow!!!! you guys are totally freaking me out! I had 4:10's installed several months ago by a shop in FT.Worth (Clutches and Differentials I think it was, will have to look to be sure) and have absolutely no problems with whine or vibration, even at 135 mph. THey told me that they only use FRRP "A" gears.
I paid a total of $412.50. Am I just lucky or are they just good?

Johnmicheal, man I hate to hear all the hassel you're having cause its keeping you from stomping some HEMI ass! After gear change I have insulted a few of the 425 hp chargers, and several LS1 Fbirds and camaro's. You got to get your ride going so you can get back in the action. Good luck Bro
Terry: you're probably still runing your "noodle" (the stock driveshaft) that masks the vibrations coming from the rear..but if you have no whine from gears, then they did a good job for you. I want some 4.10s too...

Thanks, Bro. I appreciate it. I'm sure the mystery will be over soon, then I can hit up Bradenton Motorsports Park and finally have some fun with the car. At least the temperature will be a few degrees cooler when it 's all said and done.

Dave, if there's any good to come of this issue it's that I've (and others) learned a lot about differentials, and we all got to see that there's still some shops out there that truly care about their customers. :clap:
+2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back