Pypes O/R x with flowmasters

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I alreadly had the flowmasters on the car. Was like that when I bought it. Just put the x on and it sounds not that great. I guess I should have listened to all the people that said they didnt sound good together. It is all crackly sometimes. When it isnt crackling it sounds good. Not sure what I should change to. Any suggestions?

blk281gt

Vendor
Reaction score
I have the FRPP GTA'S . I really like them.Still a little raspy but very quiet when cruising.Whan you get on it, they are plenty loud.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
You have a few different options. Keep the flows and replace the midpipe with a prochamber or keep the midpipe and replace the flows with a straight thru axleback such as stingers, maganpacks or bassani race.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
What if I put jba longtubes and h pipe with the flows. I might have a good deal on them. How would that sound. I want it to sound good but I dont want to be annoying the neighbors too much.

bullitt5244

forum member
Reaction score
I have a offroad h and it sounds good, i had a offroad x and it was terrible very raspy like you are explaining. I think the long tubes will make the tone deeper, it's worth a shot.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
What if I put jba longtubes and h pipe with the flows. I might have a good deal on them. How would that sound. I want it to sound good but I dont want to be annoying the neighbors too much.

Do it!!! Flowmasters, h-pipe, and longtubes sounds very deep. :thumb2:

Get a catted h-pipe if you don't want to annoy the neighbors too much.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Well, that is what I am doing. Told the guy I will pick it up on wednesday. JBA Longtubes Stainless steel with 1000 miles on them and it includes the h pipe. All for $300. I thought it was too good to pass up. Anyone interested in an O/R X let me know. It will be up for sale soon. Anyone have any tips for header install. I dont know if it is something I want to do or not.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I have Flows with a Magnaflow catted X and it sounds awesome! The OR/X just trumpets too much, many have welded in Resonators and it mellows out the sound a bit, once you get those in their your gonna love the way it sounds, should be some stuff on youtube.

$300 is a hell of a deal though.

DRock

Reaction score
yea flows sound good w/ catted x pipes but not o/r ones..........You should really like the long tubes with the H though it should be really deep with little rasp.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I have Flows with a Magnaflow catted X and it sounds awesome! The OR/X just trumpets too much, many have welded in Resonators and it mellows out the sound a bit, once you get those in their your gonna love the way it sounds, should be some stuff on youtube.

$300 is a hell of a deal though.

yea flows sound good w/ catted x pipes but not o/r ones..........You should really like the long tubes with the H though it should be really deep with little rasp.

I can definitely agree on Flows sounding good with catted X, but bad with o/r x, but h-pipe sounds the best. :thumb2:

Well, that is what I am doing. Told the guy I will pick it up on wednesday. JBA Longtubes Stainless steel with 1000 miles on them and it includes the h pipe. All for $300. I thought it was too good to pass up. Anyone interested in an O/R X let me know. It will be up for sale soon. Anyone have any tips for header install. I dont know if it is something I want to do or not.

Wow what a deal!!!

I don't have any tips besides most people remove the starter and jack the motor up during the install to make it easier.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I pick them up tomorrow. Anyone know of a good place to buy gaskets and O2 extensions? What length do the extensions come in? Just started searching.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I just cut and spliced my O2 harness. For header gaskets just re-use the stock Ford ones, they're the best anyways. I don't know if you need gaskets or not for the mid-pipe (not familiar with JBA's). My headers were slip fit and I just sprayed it with some high temp copper gasket sealer before I put them together.

Here is a clip of my LT's, O/R H-pipe, & Flowmaster AT's. It's from inside the car but it will give you an idea of how it sounds. I get a rasp/trumpeting around 2500 RPM's, but it only lasts for a second. The metal rattling you hear sometimes are my golf clubs in the trunk, I had the rear seat down so you could hear the exhuast a little better. I couldn't get on it up the first on-ramp "cause of the cop that pulled up across the intersection as I'm waiting for the light. When I got on the second freeway I took it up to about 125 before coasting to my exit. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzOKhGIehA

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Boss, sounds good. Much more the tone I am looking for. I will be using the stock gaskets. Still not sure about the 02 sensor extensions. I may just extend the harness like you did.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Picked em up this morning. They are in great shape. Came with the h pipe and clamps. No bolts though. Anyone know if there are any problems with using the stock studs/bolts?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back