Quest for 12's with a 100% street car.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
And that's when we knew we were about to call a tow truck...

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Nah hehe. If I ever broke I'd leave it where it was and walk home lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Always will. Vids as usual. Not 100% sure if they're open today because of yesterday's rain/snow. It will be sunny today but waiting to see what their site says.

shiznight

forum member
Reaction score
Update?

Also forgot to add and not sure if this will help you but, when i run my 555rs on the car i run them at 25psi. Im on a 10" wide tire. Again you might be better off on a lower psi and ive also noticed with these nittos that they don't like a long burn out. Just enough to get a whisp of smoke. But i leave at 2500ish rpms. Good luck and a little tire chirp never hurt anyone off the line, also it'll help you from bogging down.

Last edited:

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
I got a new PB by a pinch. 12.63 at 111.XX with a slightly better 60. Then it bogged a bunch of times

Then it rained twice and the track was never the same after that. At 20 PSI I spun 1st 3 gears.

I ran like 16 times lol.

Recorded a few runs and pulled the slips I wanted. I'll put them all up soon.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
I'll be trying again but not until it's warmer out. The cold was killing the tires as well. The car spun more and more as the night went on

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Nice. Once you figure out the tires you'll get a 12.4 out of it. I'm going with the original 555r on my 15" race stars so I can dd on those. I'm hoping for a low 1.7 on them.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
For now, still get a 12.4 then stroke and heads in the winter.

shiznight

forum member
Reaction score
man sounds like the track wasn't to nice to you. i managed a new pb as well last weekend and my 26" tire are definitely needing to go. went 12.9 @ 108. 28" tires are on the way kept running out of gear in the last 50-70ish feet. i gotta stop messing around an install this dang stall already.

Did you get any data logging in to see what was causing the bog?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not bad man, but I am still disappoint and you need to come to etown to race for chicken fingers.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
man sounds like the track wasn't to nice to you. i managed a new pb as well last weekend and my 26" tire are definitely needing to go. went 12.9 @ 108. 28" tires are on the way kept running out of gear in the last 50-70ish feet. i gotta stop messing around an install this dang stall already.

Did you get any data logging in to see what was causing the bog?

The bog is just how good they're "hooking". Playing with RPGs and psi etc. need at least like 60 degrees. May got today.

[edit: I meant RPM but I'll leave it unedited because next page's comment is great! ha!]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back