Race gas dyno.and 93 oct 3V Paxton

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Went to Kurgan Motorsports today and had my race gas tune tweeked here is the graph it shows 93 octane numbers in blue and c_16 in red at 21*s timing pull to 7000 paxton novi 2200 it was closing time so had to wrap the session up right at 900 rwhp!

Last edited:

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
jamie, the best part is that you DROVE it 150 miles round trip to get to the dyno LOL.... and these numbers are through a 4r70w, not a manual trans! Too bad we ran out of injector. Just means ill have to bump base fuel pressure and push the see what kind of power we can make!

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Bob thanks for adding more detail i was half asleep when i initially posted
I would also like to add there were no changes made to the car other than race gas in tank Bob raised timing in the race tune to 21deg and he raised the rpm used same 2.85 pulley. Also both pulls were made on Mickey Thompson 325_50 15 drag radials 28x13.5 on 15x10 racestar wheels its still very drivable even with Bobs custom grind cams it drives almost stock very smooth i wouldn't hesitate to drive the car across state lines.
Jamie
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Great numbers man! Words of advice though, don't try to race a stock 5.0 as he'll walk you.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
From a littlo 3v:)? And yes, don't get walked by a stock 5.0:)

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this a stock displacement motor? Also, anything exotic as far as rotating assembly?

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
The short block is not stock displacement it is a frpp iron 5.0 modular boss block it has Ross Racing 3.7 bore coated pistons a Kellog 3.8 forged crank, standard Manly forged steel h beam rods with Arp 2000 rod bolt arp main cap bolts and Arp side bolts. Im not really sure how much the displacement helps in a boosted ap. I previously had B302 shortbock i reused the crank and rods from that shortblock to make a 326ci 3 valve. No exotic stuff like oliver rods etc.
Just basic other than the coated pistons and i went with total seal AP coated steel top rings.
I am not totally convinced that the displacement is making much difference here. I did the 50 block based on more strength and why not when i already had the crank and rods.

Last edited:

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
How much boost ?

click on the dyno sheet... it has boost at the bottom

Is this a stock displacement motor? Also, anything exotic as far as rotating assembly?

just a well thought out combination! This isnt the first 850rwhp+ 3v i have built and it wont be the last! Jamie was a great listener when it came to putting together this combo and the results show it!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back