racestar wheels

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
just installed the new wheels, 15x8 275-50-15 and 15x3.75 165-80-15 also cj springs installed also.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 272

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good! Did you have any issues with the lug nuts messing up any studs?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good.. got the same rears on the way and the MTs were delivered today!

easy to mount up? any tricks or issues?

N

navbtcret

Wheels look good. If my car wasn't a daily driver I would invest in a set

Mine is a daily driver and I am driving on the street with them all the time now. My other rims are put up and will never be used again. I may even sell them but shipping rims and tires is such a pain.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i havent taking my fronts off since i got them.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I plan to run them full time as well once the 17's come out.

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
well i drive my car about 50 miles a day so far day 3 the car rides good, got to slow down a little in the curves but no biggie, yes i did have an issue with the lugnuts, after i broke the first 3 studs, i stopped and looked at it again, number 1 i reccomend running a tap through each lugnut, then when installing them start off at the 6 oclock position hand tight, rotate wheel put another nut on at the 6 oclock posistion, putting them on in the 6 oclock posistion is easier to work with the offset washers so they dont bind. other than that they look good on the car, fit well, no mods needed to brakes to make them fit. also other than the issues i had with the lugnuts, the rims are worth the money for these cars, i love them, thanks to john at BBR A+ on customer service

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
simply put to avoid any hassles, run a tap halfway through each lugnut and do each lug in the 6 oclock position, and you should not have any issues. also the washers there is a seat in each hole for the washer to line up flush with so the washers dont spin. i would reccomend these to anyone for the price.

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
So tighten each lug at the bottom at 6 oclock? Also what size of tap did you get?
Thanks Ryan

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
yes at 6 oclock, the way the washer is, the offset shapes it like an egg so the thicker part faces downward allowing it to be centered in the hole on the rim with out the washer sitting slightly on the ridge of the hole, once you look at it closer youll see what i mean and have a better understanding about it. put all 5 lugs on all the way then snug them by hand with a small 3/8 ratchet, then with little weight on the tires torque them the rest of the way, 100 ft lbs. tap is gonna be a 1/2 x 20 tap, clean shavings out good before putting them on, even with the threads tapped has a good tight fit on the stud, so just take your time with each lug, after a few heat and cooldown cycles check torque again to make sure, thats a must on a new set of lugs or studs. anything else youd like to know just ask, anytime dude!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great description... next time pics!

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
thought about doing pics as i was installing them, but got too pissed off after breaking the first 3 studs, mind set was way off, didnt think about it after the fact. i got more lugs coming in next week when i pull the wheels off to change out the studs ill do some close up pics of the hub part of the wheel and the holes to give yall a better view.

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
my nephew bought a set 15by10 and 15by3.5 w/325-50-15 mt dr. and I put them on my car to try them while his car is having a new engine put in.great look and a great deal but I think alot of guy's are going to be upset that take their rims on and off alot.and yes the 6 o'clock method is best,it reminds me of the old SS cragers with veryfit only harder because of the deep lug pockets.imo

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
yes at 6 oclock, the way the washer is, the offset shapes it like an egg so the thicker part faces downward allowing it to be centered in the hole on the rim with out the washer sitting slightly on the ridge of the hole, once you look at it closer youll see what i mean and have a better understanding about it. put all 5 lugs on all the way then snug them by hand with a small 3/8 ratchet, then with little weight on the tires torque them the rest of the way, 100 ft lbs. tap is gonna be a 1/2 x 20 tap, clean shavings out good before putting them on, even with the threads tapped has a good tight fit on the stud, so just take your time with each lug, after a few heat and cooldown cycles check torque again to make sure, thats a must on a new set of lugs or studs. anything else youd like to know just ask, anytime dude!
Thanks alot!:beer:

N

navbtcret

Once you have taken them on and off a few times you learn the little tricks to putting them on and it is much easier. The fronts are a lot easier than the rears due to the hub on the front sticks out farther and holds the rim in place much better than the rears.

stangvenom08

forum member
Reaction score
anytime man, ive been having alot of guys down here ask me about these wheels the past 3 days, havent seen anyone else down here in baton rouge with these wheels yet, love the looks im getting :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back