racestar wheels

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
what do you guys mean when you say run a tap??? i just ordered these wheels and would like to know thanks

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what do you guys mean when you say run a tap??? i just ordered these wheels and would like to know thanks
You have a PM now from me.
Regarding this question here on this Post.
This makes 2-PMs from me this evening.

tigerhonaker

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Forget the tap, just put some WD40 inside the lugnut, with the tire off the car, hand tighten the lug nut onto the lug several times to clean out the threads. when you repeat this step 2 or 3 times, do a good spray inside the nut to remove any metal shavings.

yes do all 20 before you use them.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics to show how much the tires stick out past the fenders and quarters? I am really thinking of going with these for a daily driver instead of my 20's. I just wanna see how far the 15x8's and the 15x10's stick out. Thanks, Jared

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...not like there aren't fifteen threads and 840 different pics of these damn things on this site, Cagle................

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics to show how much the tires stick out past the fenders and quarters? I am really thinking of going with these for a daily driver instead of my 20's. I just wanna see how far the 15x8's and the 15x10's stick out. Thanks, Jared

searchr.jpg

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
I finally found some! I never could find any good shots from down the side that showed anyting very good.:beerdrink:

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
IMO the problem is NOT with the lug nuts or studs... but the eccentric washers MUST be installed as shown in the pics - I had to remove all 4 wheels from my Roush to do some suspension mods over the weekend & re-mounted them all the same day. Takes about 15 minutes of carefully hand-tightening the lugs nuts in the BDC or 6 o'clock position while watching the eccentic washer to INSURE it's seating properly... if you DON'T pay close attention, the washer will cause the lug nuts to bind & the studs break (in some cases).

Someday I might try using some glue to hold the washers in their ideal position & see if that makes them mount up as easily as a "normal" wheel... this "fussy mounting procedure" is the ONLY issue I have with these otherwise flawless drag wheels!

BTW you can't use a TAP to chase the threads on the studs... whoever said that meant to say DIE! Taps go into HOLES... just remember the phrase "I'd tap that"... LOL!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah...not like there aren't fifteen threads and 840 different pics of these damn things on this site, Cagle................
Us-1,

You are a Riot Man ..............

LOL,

tigerhonaker

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
tigerhonaker, do your rear tires stick out a little? Looks like they might. And they are 10" wheels correct?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tigerhonaker, do your rear tires stick out a little? Looks like they might. And they are 10" wheels correct?
Cagle,

Yes, "BOTH" Front & Rear are Outside the Fender Wells.

I just went and took this Pic for you.
I used a Yard Stick which is held against the Rear Tire.
It is NOT exactly Straight being a yard stick but this will give you the idea.
Very HARD to take the pic to where it shows the Overhang but this is the
best I can do, short notice.

RaceStarWheelsRearPic-1.jpg

tigerhonaker

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
tiger... it would have been more accurate and easier to see if you'd turned the yardstick 90 degrees so that it touched the side of the tire edge-wise. Just a little tip... no charge of course. :lol2:

I should post a pic of my Racestars using the advice I gave you above... the best pic I've got to show the overhang is this one. It doesn't really show it, but mine stick out about 3/4" & touch the wheelwells if I hit a good sized bump.

PinStriped018.jpg

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tiger... it would have been more accurate and easier to see if you'd turned the yardstick 90 degrees so that it touched the side of the tire edge-wise. Just a little tip... no charge of course. :lol2:

I should post a pic of my Racestars using the advice I gave you above... the best pic I've got to show the overhang is this one. It doesn't really show it, but mine touch the wheelwells if I hit a good sized bump.

PinStriped018.jpg

Hey, best I could do short notice.

And the Yard Stick is being HELD at the Bottom touching Tire & the Top of the Sidewall.

It is really just the angle one holds the Camera to do the pic.

Not easy actually.

But still gives the idea for a Non-Professional Photographer.

LOL,
tigerhonaker

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
It's just the engineer in me coming out... I meant that the THIN edge of the yardstick should be touching the tire, not the flat front, to eliminate the curvature/warpage of the wood & keep a straighter line going up from the tire to the fender. Nevermind... LOL!

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

15x10 Rear wheels with Mickey thompson ET 275/50 15
15x3.75 Fronts with Mickey Thompson 26x4.5-15

DragTire-7.jpg

DragTire-6.jpg

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have 325/50/15 MT dr's on mine and they stick out some. It's not the wheel just the huge tire. It looks like the 275's are inside about perfect.

01818225.jpg

65b774af.jpg

11531a1c.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back