Raxiom/Spyder S550 Tail light issues

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Good day all,

Anyone have issue with the relay module(s) from these tail lights?

My driver side module went bad and needs to be replaced

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score
Good day all,

Anyone have issue with the relay module(s) from these tail lights?

My driver side module went bad and needs to be replaced

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I think the relay is built in.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
They disconnect.
8f8770c4169bf66960b08827e523527b.jpg
41bd65650e74e466fcccfcbe83a1fc06.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
Have you called Raxiom and tried to get them to sell the part? The will probably sell the whole unit but not the part, but who knows unless you ask.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have not on mine.

FYI these lights were discontinued by Raxiom for the '05-09 models apparently due to reliability issues. Personally mine have worked great since day one (knock on wood). There are now copycat models of these lights being sold on ebay, I do know that.

07 Boss

Reaction score
OMG!!! I got rear ended last year (well year before last). Only one light got taken out and I think we had to buy the whole set to replace the one side. That means I should have one laying around somewhere, no? I will take a look, my garage and storage is a mess at the moment, got a whole front and rear suspension, chassis bracing, roll cage, mini tubs, and drive train for my project car just packed into every nook and cranny. Waiting on Wilwood to make my brakes and send them before I start putting it all on. Anyways, I will do my best in trying to locate my Ford parts under all of this mess and get back to you.

As you can see I have a total mess on my hands so give me a couple days to look.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
07Boss, you are the man for just considering it. Thank you!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Would those be the same? 07 Boss has the Gen 5 taillights and OP I believe is referring to the Vectors, correct?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Would those be the same? 07 Boss has the Gen 5 taillights and OP I believe is referring to the Vectors, correct?

Yes I have the Gen 5 lights not the spyders, my bad. I wonder if they use the same relay though.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to get your hopes up.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
That's actually what I wanted. The relay. If you do find it I'd love to buy it off of you.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Boss is the man and I’m damn near positive the entire circuitry is the same. The vectors is a different style lens. Hopefully this works out

07 Boss

Reaction score
Boss is the man and I’m damn near positive the entire circuitry is the same. The vectors is a different style lens. Hopefully this works out

Are they the same? You better make sure. My tail lights light the outside ring on the lights and the signal/brake lights light the inside section. But I will look for it and see what it looks like.

07 Boss

Reaction score
So I spied this box underneath the Christmas lights and got all excited.

Opened it up and found my original oem lights.

I will continue hunting. I’m wondering if I even got the extra tail light back. I can’t remember specifically getting it back from the body shop. I remember getting back my SHR louvers but I can’t remember getting back any other parts. Maybe they stuck both new ones in and tossed the drivers one out with the busted passenger one. I usually have a pretty sharp memory but it may have been clouded with the excitement of getting my car back. I still have a couple places to look though.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well I searched high and low and couldn't find it. Like I said I'm not sure I got the extra one back from the shop. Found my window louvers and they would have been put away at the same time. I also found a water crossover and thermostat housing, wasn't someone just looking for those in here somewhere? Anyways, sorry bro, I thought we had a solution.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
All good, thank you for searching.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back