Really need some advice

MBullitt08

Reaction score
i have a 08 Bullitt with LT headers, OR h-pipe and pype bombs. I love the way it sounds but it is really loud and its starting to disturb the neighbors. I need to quiet it down and I was thinking with m80s or glasspacks. Im leaning towards the glasspacks. Ive done serches and the only thing i can find is people mentioning the glasspacks with no real info. My question is does anyone have any experience with glasspacks on a similar exhaust set up like mine? Will it even be worth the money to buy them and have them welded in? i have no experience with these and i really dont know what to do.

MBullitt08

Reaction score
My wife would kill me if I bought another set of axle backs. Ive been through 3 different ones in the past 2 months and I have 2 sitting in the garage now that I need to get rid of

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Magnapacks are cheap. 125 shipped and then have them mid mount at a muffler shop for 50-60 bucks.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Tell the neighbors to shut their faces? I mean I got lts o/r x n a very aggressive axle back on a supercharged car n all I do is not drive down my street like a dick....as long as ur not hot roddin down the street ur good in my book.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I ran the stock mufflers with my longtubes and offroad x pipe after running them with macs for a while. Stock mufflers don't sound bad with LT's and offroad pipe.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hated my long tubes OR/X and stock exhaust. Just my opinion. Wasn't loud enough

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
I have lt's, o/r h pipe and frpp stingers...lol, I have brand new m80's in my garage but didn't want to lose my lope so I am saving them until I get older and don't like the noise as much..lol

MBullitt08

Reaction score
I hated my long tubes OR/X and stock exhaust. Just my opinion. Wasn't loud enough

I completly agree but my "stock exhaust" were the Bullitt exhaust. Sounded better without the LTs and H-pipe and after just kinda felt like it was too much for the exhaust to handle, but that was just how i felt.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Tell the neighbors to shut their faces? I mean I got lts o/r x n a very aggressive axle back on a supercharged car n all I do is not drive down my street like a dick....as long as ur not hot roddin down the street ur good in my book.

+1.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm running the stock exhaust and H pipe minus the cats, and IMO it has that uniquely Mustang sound with a healthy growl but I can still idle down my street without pissing off the neighbors. The only tough part is when I first hit the key and it fires up with a healthy bark.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Stock exhaust = iron manifolds, catted h-pipe, crimped over the axle pipes and OEM mufflers. If you have changed any of those components you do not have stock exhaust.

Do you mean stock mufflers David??

I completly agree but my "stock exhaust" were the Bullitt exhaust. Sounded better without the LTs and H-pipe and after just kinda felt like it was too much for the exhaust to handle, but that was just how i felt.
you bought the car pre-owned?

You can find stock mufflers pretty cheap. From what I've heard it's a nice combo.

Other choice, IMO, but expensive is Corsa's. They are nice and quiet at idle and low RPM, scream at higher RPMs

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock exhaust = iron manifolds, catted h-pipe, crimped over the axle pipes and OEM mufflers. If you have changed any of those components you do not have stock exhaust.

Do you mean stock mufflers David??

yes Dave , just stock muffler is what I meant.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Borla touring mufflers really quieted my car down but concur with stock mufflers if you are on a budget.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back