Rear Ride Height Adjustment Kits

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
Both Steeda and Vorshlag offer these kits. I don't want to go full blown coilovers and have tried a few lowering springs (Steeda & BMR) but can't get the tail end of my Boss where I want it Anybody have experience with this set up? Thank you

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Made my own spring spacers for my BMR GT500 handling springs. Cutting and welding of steel strips of various thicknesses was involved. An option if you're a committed DIY'er with the right equipment, anyway.

Not pretty, but it's not a show car anyway. I added another layer or two and a cylinder to register the bottom coil of the spring. I retained the OE rubber isolator. It's held up to everything I've thrown at it, up to and including track time with cornering that reached out past 1.2g.

Fitting up a shim.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The adjustable kits work well. There is about 1.5" of adjustment so you have to get the right spring length for the spring rate and ride height they you want.

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
I've been using the Vorshlag setup for the last 5 years and it works fine. The only thing I changed was putting tender springs in series because I had a spring come loose after going over a large bump once. Since that change, I have no complaints.

A huge benefit over coilovers is it's super easy to change the springs. I can make a spring adjustment in ~5 minutes at the side of the track with no tools besides a jack and jack stands. Adjusting ride height is also super easy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back