Rear Ride Height Adjustment Kits

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by Mark Zilio, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Mark Zilio

Mark Zilio Junior Member

Both Steeda and Vorshlag offer these kits. I don't want to go full blown coilovers and have tried a few lowering springs (Steeda & BMR) but can't get the tail end of my Boss where I want it Anybody have experience with this set up? Thank you

2. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Made my own spring spacers for my BMR GT500 handling springs. Cutting and welding of steel strips of various thicknesses was involved. An option if you're a committed DIY'er with the right equipment, anyway.

Not pretty, but it's not a show car anyway. I added another layer or two and a cylinder to register the bottom coil of the spring. I retained the OE rubber isolator. It's held up to everything I've thrown at it, up to and including track time with cornering that reached out past 1.2g.

Fitting up a shim.jpg

Norm

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Racer47

Racer47 Doesn't have much to say S197 Team Member

The adjustable kits work well. There is about 1.5" of adjustment so you have to get the right spring length for the spring rate and ride height they you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.