Rear suspension creak

Randy

forum member
Reaction score
So my passenger rear suspension started making a creaking sound a few weeks ago and I don't know what it is. It only happens when the rear end squats due to acceleration or bumps.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Try to pinpoint the problem one diagnosis at a time. I would say check your panhard bar. If you have an aftermarket adjustable one sometimes the adjusting nut/s come loose. Gl

Randy

forum member
Reaction score
Other than springs, my entire suspension is stock.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
The bushings in the control arms and in the PHB will deteriorate faster if the car was lowered without loosening those bolts first and retorquing at the new lower ride height.

Norm

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Go out and push down on the rear passenger side and listen for the creaking. You may be able to get someone to help you find the location that way.
But sounds like a bushing has gone somewhere. If it's a lca and you want a cheap stock one, let me know; i have plenty of them.

If you're using lowering springs and still using the stock shocks, your shocks are probably worn out. The stock shocks don't last a real long time with lowering springs.

Randy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I knew I would wear out the shocks but didn't know it would effect the phb and LCAs. I'll try moving the car and find the sound later this week!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back