Record for MPG?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying 30 mpg is impossible...

...but this discussion is just plain retarded.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
How about we talk about :

1) not enough cup holders inside
2) not enough trunk space
3) can my 500hp car be tuned to run on 87 octane
4) Everyone show pictures of your bike rack on your s197
5) Has anyone else got yelled at for their rainbow sticker?
6) I smoked a honda with a 3" tip last night

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

You have a 3" tip?? :roflmao:

tached_out

Bigger the better
Reaction score

You left out adding neon lights to our cars

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Is that Androdz in that picture?

here a better one.. hhaha... America.... F@ck Yeah!

As Don would say..."BIGGER,BADDER,BETTER!"

america%202.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
To be honest about it my car says I am getting 21 mpg with 700 hp and 60# injectors . Do I know what it really is ? No, but it is much less. I just busting balls here , but my whole point is do not trust the comp calculation for your milage . I drive a 100 mi commute each day as well each way though , but about 350 total per day so I know how milage can play a factor in alot of peoples lives . This really should be in the Chit Chat sec though and it would be taken more serious there rather then tech .

I agree....never trust any cars computer as far as that goes....I've always been one to do it with all my vehicles as i'm sure others on here have as well. :thumb2:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm not saying 30 mpg is impossible...

...but this discussion is just plain retarded.
It's more than retarded... and it's definitely NOT tech... off to the Chit Chat section with this thread.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Not calling anyone a liar but guilty of trusting an onboard computer. Most of our cars have gears wheels & tires and many other mods. My speedo has been off since my car was new. Have a friend thats a cop & radared me after tuning, tried several gear selections and tire sizes before getting it within 2 mph most of the time and dead on from 62-70 mph. Got 30mpg when stock but using onboard computer. After the radar deal it gets 28 by the computer and 20mpg the old fashion way, miles divided by gallons on the pump that filled it back up! Truthfully I get 20city & 25hwy but onboard says 28city & 34hwy. Cant trust the onboard or a handheld. There is no way a V8 modified can get that kind of mileage that weighs 3700lbs. Most 2500lb 4-bangers only get 35mpg and some hybrids are at 40-45mpg. I have a CRX that gets 39mpg with half the engine and 2000lbs and a 5-speed.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
you guys must not read posts. i said i do my own calculating with a calculator and it still comes out to be with in .2 of what my heads up display says.

I believe you but your speedo is running fast giving you a false mpg! Put your car on a speed calibrator, or find a radar set up somewhere. I had a friend thats a cop. Mine was off. I went through a lot of trouble to get mine correct but I didnt want a fast speedo putting miles on my car that werent really there!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Not calling anyone a liar but guilty of trusting an onboard computer. Most of our cars have gears wheels & tires and many other mods. My speedo has been off since my car was new. Have a friend thats a cop & radared me after tuning, tried several gear selections and tire sizes before getting it within 2 mph most of the time and dead on from 62-70 mph. Got 30mpg when stock but using onboard computer. After the radar deal it gets 28 by the computer and 20mpg the old fashion way, miles divided by gallons on the pump that filled it back up! Truthfully I get 20city & 25hwy but onboard says 28city & 34hwy. Cant trust the onboard or a handheld. There is no way a V8 modified can get that kind of mileage that weighs 3700lbs. Most 2500lb 4-bangers only get 35mpg and some hybrids are at 40-45mpg. I have a CRX that gets 39mpg with half the engine and 2000lbs and a 5-speed.

keep in mind most imports crusing at 70 mph are also at 3k+ rpms as opposed to a 3.31 geared car being a 1800 rpm while at 70 mph given you have stock tire size. Just food for thought. HOw about about an 02 z28 that gets 29 mpg though an auto? Or an 08 corvette that gets 32 though an auto as well? Nah, it can't be because a 5500 lb f150 gets the same mileage as your stock s197. :stfu:

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
keep in mind most imports crusing at 70 mph are also at 3k+ rpms as opposed to a 3.31 geared car being a 1800 rpm while at 70 mph given you have stock tire size. Just food for thought. HOw about about an 02 z28 that gets 29 mpg though an auto? Or an 08 corvette that gets 32 though an auto as well? Nah, it can't be because a 5500 lb f150 gets the same mileage as your stock s197. :stfu:

Sorry, Your the man!

J825

Reaction score
Mine's stayed within 1mpg of my calculated on average, but then my computer tells me I'm getting 20.5 mpg, so it's not so surprising.

Generally I turn the average off and just keep the trip meter up, or even turn that whole display off. If I leave the fuel average up there it haunts me and I drive like my grandmother.

Last edited:

Solitear

forum member
Reaction score
Gas mileage never cared for it X_X if i wanted gas mileage i would gotten a prius..no wait ... a motorcycle most likely a crotch rocket.. >.>

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back