Release Date

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I want now damn it.. new vett is out and soon the new cumairo.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
In the automotive industry it is taught that if the production date is after 9/1 it's the next model year. Hence my asking, but you knew that ;)

Manufacturers keep moving model year relesaes around. I've seen them as early as March/April to as late as November. It's all about the VIN, nothing to do with production date.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Manufacturers keep moving model year relesaes around. I've seen them as early as March/April to as late as November. It's all about the VIN, nothing to do with production date.

I know you have some inside info on this stuff man. Care to share any release info with the rest of us over here?!

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
IMO they should keep the car under wraps until it's just about ready to be released. When I first saw it I was very tempted to trade in for it but the by the time it's available the wow factor is tempered and there are many other options.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I know you have some inside info on this stuff man. Care to share any release info with the rest of us over here?!

I think it's all out there. Job 1 is scheduled for mid-July IIRC. It's gonna be September before they hit lots most likely.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question, If I were to place an order for one once the banks open, do I have to put down a deposit for one? Or can I place an order for one, check it out when they hit the lots, and decide if I want one or not then without losing any money?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Quick question, If I were to place an order for one once the banks open, do I have to put down a deposit for one? Or can I place an order for one, check it out when they hit the lots, and decide if I want one or not then without losing any money?

Normally a deposit that is refundable, the amount is dealers discretion along with terms.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Just your first born child.
What if im single and have no child?

For factory orders we take $1,000. Refundable if the car comes in equipped incorrectly or damaged.

That's what we do here at least, I do a lot of Jeep factory orders for other forums I sponsor.
Ok I guess ill have to see what my local dealers do as far as that goes. I dont mind putting a deposit down on one so long as I get it back if I decide not to get it. I pretty much know ill have to order one the way I want it because dealers around here believe in ordering cars loaded. Im looking for brembos if its not standard and a track pack for sure with a manual trans. I would like sync but I can live without it. Everything else can be base. My biggest problem will be if I can fit in it comfortably. Im 6'6" so im not fond of folding up in a car

Last edited:

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
What if im single and have no child?

Ok I guess ill have to see what my local dealers do as far as that goes. I dont mind putting a deposit down on one so long as I get it back if I decide not to get it. I pretty much know ill have to order one the way I want it because dealers around here believe in ordering cars loaded. Im looking for brembos if its not standard and a track pack for sure with a manual trans. I would like sync but I can live without it. Everything else can be base. My biggest problem will be if I can fit in it comfortably. Im 6'6" so im not fond of folding up in a car

Every dealer is different, really depends on what you order. Just keep in mind that they're ordering a car to YOUR liking, which is why there's a deposit involved. Even though most dealers say non-refundable it's really a case by case basis and most dealers will help out the customer if it's not a super unique order. Again, just speaking off personal experience, every dealer is different as most car guys on here would probably agree.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back