Removing the stock over the axle pipe?

BlackNine

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips on removing the damn over the axle pipes? I tried jacking up the diff and putting stands on each tube but i couldnt get enough clearance, anyone got any ideas?

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get the car as high as you can.

Undo your shocks.

You might be able to get them out after this.

You'll probably need a lift.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Jack up the car and put the stands under the car as high as they will go , then remove the jack and put it under the rearend and lift it up a bit . Then remove the lower shock bolts and sway bar end links , at the top then lower the rearend . You are now ready to remove the over the axle pipes . Just did it two weeks ago. LOL!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jack up the car and put the stands under the car as high as they will go , then remove the jack and put it under the rearend and lift it up a bit . Then remove the lower shock bolts and sway bar end links , at the top then lower the rearend . You are now ready to remove the over the axle pipes . Just did it two weeks ago. LOL!

Oooh, forgot about the swaybar. Good catch.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
I jacked the car up as high as it would go, unbolted them and rotated the front end of the pipes down and towards the back of the car. They came right out.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I jacked the car up as high as it would go, unbolted them and rotated the front end of the pipes down and towards the back of the car. They came right out.
You removed them to the rear of the car ? I did it to the front and my car is lowered . I had to drop the rear no matter what . The tube wouldnt fit between the pinion and the fuel tank .

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I have a man crush on anybody that can get those pipes out without a lift. I had to get the car on a lift to get mine out.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You know how I know you're gay? :gay:

Just kidding man, lol. But for those who have taken them out, preferreably someone in Texas, you wanna sell them? :thumb2:
Sorry , just shipped mine yesterday for $100 shipped , gotta what the classifieds bro .

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I have a man crush on anybody that can get those pipes out without a lift. I had to get the car on a lift to get mine out.

Aww how cute. I did mine without a lift. I cheated though and used a sawzall since I wasn't going to reuse them.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
I had to hit them with the palm of my hand once or twice. They came right out. Then I put the 3" Magnaflow pipes back in the opposite way.

08GT/CS

Reaction score
Car is lowered 1.5" and I was still able to remove them while on jack stands. Put the car on stands as high as possible and let the rear down (I didn't have to unbolt or remove anything). The passenger side is the hardest. Take the front end and move it towards the ground and towards the driver side. Keep fiddling with it and it will eventually come out towards the front. Although I've done it about seven times, I haven't figured out the exact sequence, but if you keep at it, it will come out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back