Replace front shock + struts

StevePol

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some recommendations. I'm looking to replace the front shocks and struts on my 2007 mustang, V6. I don't know much about the difference between parts and was hoping for replacement suggestions that are close to the original part/ride quality.

I've been looking at these so far:

Possibly the Gabriel or KYB?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...on,strut+/+coil+spring+/+mount+assembly,15174

https://www.carparts.com/details/Fo...007/Base/6_Cyl_4-dot-0L/SET-RF28050003-2.html

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

/\/\@TT

Reaction score
You looking for any change in performance? or just looking for stock replacement?

StevePol

Reaction score
Mainly a stock replacement. If there are options to improve performance that aren't too expensive, then I'd be willing to go that route.

crjackson

Reaction score
1) Koni- Excellent for racing applications- overpriced for street applications

2) Tokico, QA1 & Bilstein- A very good shock for street/strip applications. If you are running very stiff tires on the street (such as Bridgstone or tires with profiles shorter than 50 series), these provide the extra give that you need for both comfort & stability, but each have had some real QA issues and unless things have changed, I would really look elsewhere

3) KYB- A very good shock for street/strip applications. If you are running a softer tires on the street (such as BFG or tires with profiles not shorter than 50 series), these provide the extra stiffness that you need for both comfort & stability. The Exel-G’s (formerly GR-2) are the equivalent to the Edelbrock IAS automatic adjusting units. Overall, stiffness between the Gas-a-just and the GR2’s are the same, the difference is the GR-2's valving which stiffens things up from a oem setting to that of the Gas-a-just units.

4) Gabriel- A very nice good quality HD OEM replacement type unit.

5) Monroe- stay away from that junk!

StevePol

Reaction score
Wow, thanks so much for the info, extremely helpful! I guess it's currently a decision between the KYB and Gabriel.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back