Replaced Throttle Body help

MikeBlev69

Reaction score
Hi there, I just need some quick help with my 2006 Mustang V6.

Note: I replaced my TPS about a month before any of this, which is what I put on my new Throttle body.

I recently replaced my throttle body with a 70mm SR performance throttle body. I used the old motor, and the TPS mentioned above.
When I first started up, it idled very roughly and it was like the gas pedal didn’t work at all. I opened the motor cap and adjusted the spring some.
I started it up (Rpms flew up to about 2.5) and the wrench light and check engine came on, but then it idled fine. I turned it off and back on and the lights were gone. Rpms jumped up at start, idled fine, and seemed to drive fine, until after about 10 minutes the lights came back on, and it started running funny including that the rpms would bounce up and down when you let off gas between 1-2000. Now the lights are off again and haven’t come back on, but the car seems to pull forward by itself pretty strongly at 0-20mph. I’m just worried that it will go into limp mode, or something will be damaged, or it won’t start one morning. Any answers? Please and thank you.

Another note: went to autozone. Ran code P061B and said “vaccuum leak”?? Air filter hose is secured fine?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Well, if I'm reading that right all your problems started with that throttle body. If that's the case you either need to go back to the stock unit or get a tune. Although it is possible you got a bad throttle body.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Well SR Parts are shittt I would pull it out and go back to stock. Unless you're blown, you dont need a larger TB

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
You may not need to do anything other than perform the idle relearn procedure as described in the owners manual.

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think a 70mm would require a tune. Do the relearn as mentioned and clean your MAF.

Check all your connections and make sure the bolts on the TB are tight. As I was reading your post I was thinking vacuum leak and then I got to the part where the code indicated as such.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back