replacement battery

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
i need to replace the battery finally on my 08. i was just going to go with a motorcraft battery as thats all ive ever bought. what do you guys use? i know optima is a pretty popular band. im not running a boost a pump, or a big stereo system.

edit, just entered motorcraft into my search term to narrow down the 500 results i had gotten before.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Go to walmart and get the cheapest one you can that fits. It'll last for years.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Go to walmart and get the cheapest one you can that fits. It'll last for years.

:roflmao:
I own a waverunner rental business and have cursed LOTS of Walmarts finest! Needless to say it only took a season to learn you spend a little more in the beginning and save a lot of headaches in the end!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Motorcraft batteries are great. They are priced similarly to parts store batteries and can be warrantied at any dealership. If you have a quick lane at your dealership, they usually have specials on batteries.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Motorcraft becaus eit is the best warranty on the market. Other companies give the first 2 years as a free replacement then a pro Rate. We give the firs 3 Years for Free.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I've used the warranty at autozone, you just give them the receipt and your beat up ass part and they give you a new one.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup. And I got a core refund from my dead stock battery. It has the highest cca rating in the size as well.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well... I buy mine from AAA now. If I ever need a warranty or jump, they come do it for free in a few hours. And I found their pricing to be cheaper than any store if I have AAA membership...

And for the record, they buy their batteries from the top manufacturer. The same one that BMW and Mercedes will only use...

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
Ok i will say it buy an Optima Red Top and forget about it. No matter what you get run a trickle charger on it if it's not a daily driver.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I just replaced my 8 yr old oem MOTORCRAFT battery with another Motorcraft battery. 8 yrs is good enough for me.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I went with Duralast gold last time mine went out. They seem to die every three years like clock work so far with our summer heat, so I assume I need a new one summer of 2016. They swapped it out on the spot when it died on me last time though. It was 3 year free replacement and pro rated after that Autozone said.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back