Roush 401429 Billet LCA’s - Prepping to install

crjackson

Reaction score
My new LCA’s just arrived, and I’m getting ready to install when the mud in the driveway dries out.

Roush LCA’s

The box came with the incredibly beautiful hunks of billet aluminum, but no install instructions. I noticed the bushing are offset so I went looking for instructions online, and found none for the 2014 cars.

Instructions for the earlier S197 cars indicate the LCA’s come with new bolts and mounting fastener hardware. I’m Wondering if I need to go pickup some new hardware at the Ford dealership, or can I reuse my original bolts.

Also, I never found a definite answer about the orientation. Clearly there must be a specific front/back, left/right.

Do I need to use Blue Thread locker on the fasteners?

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Mine weren't Rousch (tubular vs. billet), but install's pretty straight forward & you can see how these sit/fit by paying attn to the old ones you remove (switch in reverse order). For the bolts, your call...if they look good = reuse; if not, take to hw store & get replacements. I used blue loctite, just to be safe. Enjoy & they'll definitely be huge improvement over stock.

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
On my 2010, orientation is "Roush" engraving upright and toward front, ebrake cable pass through slots toward rear, original bolts, blue loctite

crjackson

Reaction score
Mine weren't Rousch (tubular vs. billet), but install's pretty straight forward & you can see how these sit/fit by paying attn to the old ones you remove (switch in reverse order). For the bolts, your call...if they look good = reuse; if not, take to hw store & get replacements. I used blue loctite, just to be safe. Enjoy & they'll definitely be huge improvement over stock.
On my 2010, orientation is "Roush" engraving upright and toward front, ebrake cable pass through slots toward rear, original bolts, blue loctite

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate the assist …

GlassTop09

Reaction score
My new LCA’s just arrived, and I’m getting ready to install when the mud in the driveway dries out.

Roush LCA’s

The box came with the incredibly beautiful hunks of billet aluminum, but no install instructions. I noticed the bushing are offset so I went looking for instructions online, and found none for the 2014 cars.

Instructions for the earlier S197 cars indicate the LCA’s come with new bolts and mounting fastener hardware. I’m Wondering if I need to go pickup some new hardware at the Ford dealership, or can I reuse my original bolts.

Also, I never found a definite answer about the orientation. Clearly there must be a specific front/back, left/right.

Do I need to use Blue Thread locker on the fasteners?

Any advice appreciated.
Man, I wish I've known about these before I bought my OEM GT500 LCA's (the bushings are the same FoMoCo design for the GT500, but the billet arms are indeed much stiffer so no flexing......& purtier)! Now I'm gonna be going thru mental torture what if'ing myself!

:)

On a serious note, if you haven't already figured this out, you'll need to load the car's rear suspension to normal ride height before torquing those down (the bushing w\ the slots go in the unibody brackets & they have the serrated inner sleeve that will bite into the inner unibody bracket so the LCA's need to be in the neutral position before final torque is applied). Install in the same orientation as the ones you're replacing (both OEM LCA's install w\ the axle end bushing offset pointed inboard towards the differential & the bushing w\ the slots installs in the unibody bracket). As far as the Roush lettering goes, either the lettering will be right side up or upside down on both LCA's depending on which side of car the LCA's are installed.......so your choice.

Blue Loctite is preferred. Tip: Put a little anti-seize on the bolt shanks that will be inside the bushing sleeves to prevent them from seizing to the sleeve from rust so they'll be easy to remove in the future when needed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

crjackson

Reaction score
As a followup, I just wanted to say Wow! I’m really pleased. I didn’t expect such an improvement. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back