S/C questions

ipscshooter

Reaction score
I am getting ready to order a Roush Stage 2 supercharger kit from my '13 GT (AT). The car has about 11,000 miles on it. What else should I do? Are headers/exhaust needed? Does the Roush tune for their Stage 2 kit contemplate/compensate for upgraded exhaust? Or will that require custom tuning? Upgrade oil pump? Upgrade valve springs?

Will also be adding new wheels/tires, as I'm pretty sure the stock 235's won't be sufficient...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your group is off the paper. You have been here since Nov/12, you should know why.

ipscshooter

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "group" I am in, and have no idea what "off the paper" means. Did I post the wrong forum? I didn't see others that address mods to a Coyote, and I thought that asking about mods that compliment or are required with a S/C install were 5.0L Tech questions. If not, I apologize and would appreciate being directed to the correct forum.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
off the paper as in you missed your target is my thought.

moved to Chat - this is not tech on our board.

these questions have been asked and answered many times.

exhaust - no

tune - IIRC Roush has it's own - custom would yield more power

oil pump - good idea but not 100% needed

springs - no

tires - yea you'll need a better tire

search, read, learn

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

moved to Chat - this is not tech on our board.

these questions have been asked and answered many times.

exhaust - no

tune - IIRC Roush has it's own - custom would yield more power

oil pump - good idea but not 100% needed

springs - no

tires - yea you'll need a better tire

search, read, learn

Case closed :)

OP- like Stkjock said, there are a ton of threads on this. Do a simple search and you'll find all the info you need. Good luck.

ipscshooter

Reaction score

LOL... Given my other hobby, I can't believe I missed that. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

I've been here a while, but not frequently. Came by for a visit because I'm about to embark on a rather expensive project and thought I'd seek advice from folks who have been there/done that. I honestly didn't realize things were quite so strict, especially given that a Tech Forum post on Novi2200's simply asking "Are there any tricks I need to know about?" generated over 3000 responses, and searching "Roush Stage 2" brings up 500 threads, virtually none of which are even vaguely responsive.

I appreciate your responses to my questions.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We try to keep the tech sections focused on actually working on the car, not opinion (though there are exceptions).

read some of the S/C focused threads and feel free to look for fill in details, either in this thread or by bumping the thread you have read.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd just install the supercharger kit and try the Roush tune with no other changes. If you're dramatically unhappy with the results, get a custom tune. The roush tune doesn't account for any changes to the exhaust ahead of the cat back.

Leave the headers/cats/etc.. alone and bolt these on: http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Exhaust-with-Round-Tips-2011-2012.html

If your car wheelhops:

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/3rd-Link-Wheel-Hop-Reduction-Kit-for-Mustang-2011-2012.html

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=155&superpro=0

Won't hook?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=170

No street tires will hook with what power you'll make. If you actually want to hook, go to a 15" or 17" drag radial setup for the street, and replace the tires every season. I use mickey's.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The only reason I reco the roush UCA is for street only (regular radial tires, no drag racing,) it will send less NVH into the car. The BMR uca is what else I'd look at. There's a great thread on it around here somewhere.

It would be worth comparing a Lito tune (see sig,) to the Roush tune with no other changes. Then you'd need a wideband. I use a zeitronix, but most people use an AEM. Mine's been rock solid. My Innovate was a huge pain in the ass.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you know about groups, weather man! lol

(former 820th SF) :thumb2:

I enjoy shooting my 1911 and USP 40S&W. And like a dog, I get lucky and find a bone once in a while :)

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I'd look into the VMP kit. It comes with everything you need including a tune from Justin.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I enjoy shooting my 1911 and USP 40S&W. And like a dog, I get lucky and find a bone once in a while :)

haha, Roger that!

I'd look into the VMP kit. It comes with everything you need including a tune from Justin.

+1, love my VMP TVS. If you live somewhere warm, get the stage II kit with the heat exchanger. well worth the money.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The Coyote motor will handle up to 600hp with no upgrades other than the blower and tune. Insane what kind of power these engines can produce. As other said your biggest issue will be traction. I have 1700 miles on my new car and I'm already dumping about $2K into suspension upgrades in preparation for getting a blower early next year. At that time I'll address tires as well.

Don't forget the differential girdle cover and DSS driveshaft as well.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
strongly recommend going with an off road x and ditch the cats on these cars. If you search here you will find a few older posts with the Roush and others that didn't play well with the cats and ended up popping the motors..however Roush did end up paying for it...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I take it that not too many people picked up on ipsc. My weakness was for High Power Rifle. HM in both XC and LR. It got replaced with golf. Go figure?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back