S197 MagnaCharger bolt on kit

booster19

Reaction score
Screenshot_2019-03-22-18-41-30.png So this topic may have been talked about in the past and if so please feel free to direct me to the right place. Anywho I recently had a chance to buy a 2006 GT with 30000 miles on her and everything is clean like it came out of the factory. Under the hood is a MagnaCharger which after a little research I understand was released in 2010 for the 06-10 GT's. Apparently the kit was shipped with or without the necessary tuner and pre loaded file so here is the question. Did anyone have this setup at some point? Was the provided tune loaded into a SCT tuner? The shot in the dark question, does anyone have a tuner with this file on it and is it unlocked and for sale? Okay going out now to buy my Megaball ticket cause I got them winning numbers! Other than that any feedback about the set up would be great because, the more you know, the more, nevermind.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Does the car run as is? What do you need the tune for? If you are planning on changing things up and want it retuned, you get just pay to get it dyno tuned, it'd be a better tune for sure than a canned tune. Even if that tune was by the factory who made the kit.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Don't use the canned tune on a supercharged application Always have it tuned by a good tuner you wont regret that

booster19

Reaction score
Yeah I am scheduled to see Paul's Automotive Engineering in Blue Ash Oh next month, rumor has it he's one of those Stang surgeon's with the magic touch. I sure hope so at $190 hr lol...

booster19

Reaction score
Reference the dyno sheet and the test clearly shows it cutting power at around 4400rpm so there's definitely something going on that the system is trying to protect. I noticed yesterday it was running kinda rough after an oil change not sure if it has anything to do with the other or just coincidence. I am going to park it till I can get in the shop so time to break out the ZX10r until it snows again, or rain you never know what ur gonna get when u live in the Ohio Valley region.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back