S197 V6 Manuel Transmission Shifter

Martin Ortega Jr

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket manuel shifter for the s197 v6 mustangs, and if so...where can I purchase one

roddy

Reaction score
What year, and what transmission?
On the '05-'10 cars with the 4.0/5-speed, Hurst and MGW are the main players. The Hurst is more affordable, and what I have in my car. If I could do it again, I would go with the MGW. The Hurst feels a lot better than the stock piece, but has just enough play in it to buzz/rattle at certain RPMs under full throttle.
I have no experience with the '11-'14 cars with the 6-speed, so can't offer any input if that is what you have...

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
On my '09 GT I have a Barton & I like it ALOT. On my '14 GT I have a MGW. I like it but sometimes I wish I woulda tried another Barton. Avoid Hurst, now it is Chinese crap. Barton and MGW are Made in USA. FWIW, IMHO

Unexplodedcow

Reaction score
I first tried a Steeda shifter mod when I had an '07 V6. It was...OK, but a bit of work to install the thing. I put urethane bushings on my GT at first, but after about five years switched to a MGW. More configurable, better build quality than stock (by far), worked out great. I installed a blowfish shifter support at the same time, so the shifter is no longer connected to the body. Also highly recommended if the budget allows.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back