S197 V6 Manuel Transmission Shifter

Discussion in '2005+ Ford Mustang v6 4.0L Tech' started by Martin Ortega Jr, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Martin Ortega Jr

Martin Ortega Jr Junior Member

Is there an aftermarket manuel shifter for the s197 v6 mustangs, and if so...where can I purchase one

2. 0BlackBeauty5

0BlackBeauty5 Junior Member

Mgw

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. roddy

roddy Junior Member

What year, and what transmission?
    On the '05-'10 cars with the 4.0/5-speed, Hurst and MGW are the main players. The Hurst is more affordable, and what I have in my car. If I could do it again, I would go with the MGW. The Hurst feels a lot better than the stock piece, but has just enough play in it to buzz/rattle at certain RPMs under full throttle.
    I have no experience with the '11-'14 cars with the 6-speed, so can't offer any input if that is what you have...

4. Mike in SC

Mike in SC Lactation Consultant

On my '09 GT I have a Barton & I like it ALOT. On my '14 GT I have a MGW. I like it but sometimes I wish I woulda tried another Barton. Avoid Hurst, now it is Chinese crap. Barton and MGW are Made in USA. FWIW, IMHO

5. Unexplodedcow

Unexplodedcow Junior Member

I first tried a Steeda shifter mod when I had an '07 V6. It was...OK, but a bit of work to install the thing. I put urethane bushings on my GT at first, but after about five years switched to a MGW. More configurable, better build quality than stock (by far), worked out great. I installed a blowfish shifter support at the same time, so the shifter is no longer connected to the body. Also highly recommended if the budget allows.

roddy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.