Saleen heat exchanger install

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know how this install goes I just installed a v3 kit still don't know how to wire the fans there's pig tails on them and not sure if I cut them or if I'm supposed to get another connector and wire it to the stock fan

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I didn't think the V3 kit was a water cooled HE system. Regardless, the Saleen HE is a water to air so you can use a relay to connect to the fans. The fans can turn on when the pump turns on (trigger the relay coil with the same pump trigger). I wouldn't buy a fancy plug. Use heat shrink quick connects or insulated quick connects and wrap the ends with electrical tape.

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
It does and they actually have an upgrade option with the gt500 heat exchanger anyways I have the water pump set to constantly on lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bcb06gt

Reaction score
It does and they actually have an upgrade option with the gt500 heat exchanger anyways I have the water pump set to constantly on lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Use the same trigger and add another relay to run the fans. Fuse the power feed from the battery. You could also tap the existing relay for the pump provided the relay is a 30 amp. Most fans are 6-8 amps each and the pump should be 3-5 amps. I would fuse each feed separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
OP did you get it all working? My friend just ordered this item. Looks like a helluva deal.

forum member
Reaction score
808 Muscle,
I picked up a Saleen Extreme HE from eBay. I did what is quoted below. However, I used a 40 amp relay (I think it is because the 40 amp relay I had was water-proof). I can't recall the draw on those fans but they are Spal fans and the Spal website was helpful with fan specs. I could not match the fan connectors so I ordered a two pin connector kit from another eBay seller. If you hard wire the fans, you will have to cut wires to remove them and I did not want to install them that way.
The install is relatively straight forward. The Saleen HE has a 1 inch hose inlet so expect to account for that. It is pretty wide but still fits. I opened up my lower grill to utilize the extra size. The lower bolts on the fans sit too low for a stock GT lower splash shield. I had to cut 4 relief holes in the shield to make the shield fit. I bet that is not an issue with a Saleen front fascia.

Use the same trigger and add another relay to run the fans. Fuse the power feed from the battery. You could also tap the existing relay for the pump provided the relay is a 30 amp. Most fans are 6-8 amps each and the pump should be 3-5 amps. I would fuse each feed separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
808 Muscle,
I picked up a Saleen Extreme HE from eBay. I did what is quoted below. However, I used a 40 amp relay (I think it is because the 40 amp relay I had was water-proof). I can't recall the draw on those fans but they are Spal fans and the Spal website was helpful with fan specs. I could not match the fan connectors so I ordered a two pin connector kit from another eBay seller. If you hard wire the fans, you will have to cut wires to remove them and I did not want to install them that way.
The install is relatively straight forward. The Saleen HE has a 1 inch hose inlet so expect to account for that. It is pretty wide but still fits. I opened up my lower grill to utilize the extra size. The lower bolts on the fans sit too low for a stock GT lower splash shield. I had to cut 4 relief holes in the shield to make the shield fit. I bet that is not an issue with a Saleen front fascia.

Excellent thanks for the tips.

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
OP did you get it all working? My friend just ordered this item. Looks like a helluva deal.
Hey man yeah I hard wired it to the car with a relay, pretty much what 4294 did but when I turn the car on, its turns on as well. I shouldve just wired it to a switch but I'm a lazy SOB. Lol

Back