Saleen S/C

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
I have a standard Saleen VI S/C without the upgrade. At Dyno day it made 375 RWHP and 362 RWTQ. I will be staying with this set up until my warrantee is up (another year). I would like to know what types of CAI systems your running on your Saleen S/C? I have a C&L that came off when the Saleen went on. Can I use the C&L with the Saleen VI S/C? I want to step up to 500 RWHP next and that will be it for me.
What are the current injectors on the 4.6L 3V? Should I start looking for 39# injectors? What about a new fuel pump? Anything else?

matt texass

Reaction score
is it the racer c&l if so you can make the jdm set up with a 90mm lightning mass air meter from that can be had for 90$ from lightningforceperformance in the lightning truck section and then just get the jdm addapter for it. then addapt your c&l heat shield for it. GET IT TUNED. most people get a pump whenever they go over 400ish. should make some good power

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you know what sux....is Saleen just started to sell the Saleen Extreme S/C....supposed to be 2.4L with 12 lb pulley.....over 550 BHP...it is 1600 more but inlcudes...new plugs, 39lb injectors, different CAI, dual fuel pumps...had I just waited I could have owned that...sorry to Hijack, but just saw it and was disappointed to say the least...but I just read that the series VI is actually a 2.3L supercharger...so which is it....is it a 1.9 that I have read some boast or a 2.3 as the specs I have seen boast...

Last edited:

matt texass

Reaction score
or the PJ version with the 5.0 stroked poked ported and cammed...... all motor and no exhaust work

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a standard Saleen VI S/C without the upgrade. At Dyno day it made 375 RWHP and 362 RWTQ. I will be staying with this set up until my warrantee is up (another year). I would like to know what types of CAI systems your running on your Saleen S/C? I have a C&L that came off when the Saleen went on. Can I use the C&L with the Saleen VI S/C? I want to step up to 500 RWHP next and that will be it for me.
What are the current injectors on the 4.6L 3V? Should I start looking for 39# injectors? What about a new fuel pump? Anything else?

I have the C&L Racer intake tube, Lightning MAF & MAS, and a Steeda CAI.

As far as "stepping up", all I will say is shop around. Don't fall head first in to the JDM money magnet. You can get a set of 39lb injectors, Litghtning MAF, and Lightning MAS as a package deal from buyfordracing.com for $319. As for the pump, hard to say. Sure, you won't go wrong with the GT500 pump setup. But you may be able to do what you want to do with less. I am over 500 to the wheels ( on a stock block! ) and I am running a GT Supercar pump and KB BAP.

To get to that 500 I would highly recommend you do more than just cram boost in to it. You are going to also need a way to get that boost back out of it. You should look in to LTs and high flows. Also I would suggest finding ways to rid yourself of some parasitic loss along the way. EH2O pump, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum flywheel if your car is a stick. Make that 500hp with the least amount of boost possible. It will be much easier on your engine. I am doing it with only 10psi, 17 degrees of timing, and on pump gas.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the C&L Racer intake tube, Lightning MAF & MAS, and a Steeda CAI.

As far as "stepping up", all I will say is shop around. Don't fall head first in to the JDM money magnet. You can get a set of 39lb injectors, Litghtning MAF, and Lightning MAS as a package deal from buyfordracing.com for $319. As for the pump, hard to say. Sure, you won't go wrong with the GT500 pump setup. But you may be able to do what you want to do with less. I am over 500 to the wheels ( on a stock block! ) and I am running a GT Supercar pump and KB BAP.

To get to that 500 I would highly recommend you do more than just cram boost in to it. You are going to also need a way to get that boost back out of it. You should look in to LTs and high flows. Also I would suggest finding ways to rid yourself of some parasitic loss along the way. EH2O pump, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum flywheel if your car is a stick. Make that 500hp with the least amount of boost possible. It will be much easier on your engine. I am doing it with only 10psi, 17 degrees of timing, and on pump gas.

What he said, I pretty much went the same route. I am making 473 at the wheels on the 8# pully. I still need to put on a EH20 pump and a lighter drive shaft however I have everything else just got it from different vendors. I got the SCT 90mm MAF, steeda CAI with the plastic inlet tube (had to do some modification to get it to fit right with the saleen S/C and the SCT MAF) and I am on the stock engine too. That being said I am at my limit till I get my built engine put in.

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The alum drive shaft is a yes. The C&L is not racing and is not plastic. What size injectors?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The alum drive shaft is a yes. The C&L is not racing and is not plastic. What size injectors?

The metal "street" tube is probably gonna give you some clearance issues.

As for injectors, you should be fine with 39lb ones.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also look into Saleen has a 475 upgrade kit you can get and still keep your saleen drive train warranty.. puts out about 380 to the wheels.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mickey, You can also shop around online for the injectors and mass air meter. I picked up the injectors for $100 and I got the Lightning meter from GiJoe for $70. I also bought his 3.4" pullley for like $100. I'll put that on later. I'm also using the Saleen Extreme intake tube. I pieced together my whole set up.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The metal "street" tube is probably gonna give you some clearance issues.

As for injectors, you should be fine with 39lb ones.

Doc is right...I had the c+l street intake tube (alum) some have worked it out...mine did not...it rubbed against the hood and worse yet it would push down on the Throttle body when the hood closed and cause an air leak which threw all sorts of engine codes due to incorrect maf readings etc....so the racer tube will work....I am going the route of new DS , TC etc trying to eek out some of that power I am losing to parastitic loss....then maybe new fuel pump, and smaller pulley...good luck

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mickey, You can also shop around online for the injectors and mass air meter. I picked up the injectors for $100 and I got the Lightning meter from GiJoe for $70. I also bought his 3.4" pullley for like $100. I'll put that on later. I'm also using the Saleen Extreme intake tube. I pieced together my whole set up.
+1....piece together...thanks to Doc (hawgmans advice) saved me allot of money...well that and getting the saleen s/c series VI for $4000...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back