Seat swap - Recaro to power seats (2013 GT500)

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I have a customer who is unhappy with the Recaro seats in his 2013 GT500. He feels they are uncomfortable on long trips.

He wants the dealership I work for to swap the seats from a standard GT500 (we have a used non-recaro 2013 GT500 donor car)for his Recaros. I know a lot of guys have gone from stock to Recaro with ease. I assume it works the other way just as easy?

Main concern is wiring being present for driver and passenger seat as Recaros are non-powered and stock seats are.

Also the "donor seats" are non-heated just like the Recaros however if we had other donor seats with the heat option would they also be compatible?

Looking forward to your guys ideas/opinions.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IIRC the wiring harness is all the same so it should be plug and play.

If you work at a Ford dealer - shouldn't that info be in the service manuals?

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
I thought shelbys got powered recaros... I got some 13 GT leathers if he wants to trade ;)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
He can have my standard shelby seats which are powered etc for his recaros :D

My seats are 2012, red stripes

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I'm an advisor, and have access to a shop manual, but I'm not entirely familiar with exactly where to look. Techs get paid by the job so they aren't too excited to search for the answer either.

I'm up in Calgary Alberta, it would be a ways to ship or swap with a member. To further complicate this is an Ingot Silver with blue stripes and therefore the Recaro has the blue stripe also.

claudermilk

Reaction score
The Recaros uncomfortable? What's he smoking? ;) All I can say is my wife and I were quite comfortable on an 8.5+ hr trip last year. I guess he's going to make someone very happy with a set of take-offs for sale. (hey, you asked for opinions...)

Don't quote me, but I don't think the Recaros have a power option.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm an advisor, and have access to a shop manual, but I'm not entirely familiar with exactly where to look. Techs get paid by the job so they aren't too excited to search for the answer either.

I'm up in Calgary Alberta, it would be a ways to ship or swap with a member. To further complicate this is an Ingot Silver with blue stripes and therefore the Recaro has the blue stripe also.

it would look weird, but id be ok with the blue stripes since my car is most likely getting destriped lol. :D

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I agree he is crazy. To confirm that he is crazy this guy winter drives his 2013 Shebly, has the 821A package with 20/19 Pirelli ice and snow tires. He drove from Calgary to Winnipeg a couple weeks ago: that's a 1300km drive and in this part of the country it's cold and snowy (it was -22 Celsius yesterday plus wind chill takes it down to -32) to further confirm his crazyness he trades in a Smart car and a Flex!!!

No power option on any Recaro seat from factory. I know this 100% from looking at 2012/2013 order guides from Ford.

I recommended he sell em on EBay (guys are asking $3500 ish$ and buy a take off set as guys are asking $1250-$1500 there just isn't the right colours available right now.

He is okay with all black stock seats, black with blue or white. But not red as he is keeping the blue OTP stripes.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I agree he is crazy. To confirm that he is crazy this guy winter drives his 2013 Shebly, has the 821A package with 20/19 Pirelli ice and snow tires. He drove from Calgary to Winnipeg a couple weeks ago: that's a 1300km drive and in this part of the country it's cold and snowy (it was -22 Celsius yesterday plus wind chill takes it down to -32) to further confirm his crazyness he trades in a Smart car and a Flex!!!

No power option on any Recaro seat from factory. I know this 100% from looking at 2012/2013 order guides from Ford.

I recommended he sell em on EBay (guys are asking $3500 ish$ and buy a take off set as guys are asking $1250-$1500 there just isn't the right colours available right now.

He is okay with all black stock seats, black with blue or white. But not red as he is keeping the blue OTP stripes.

Since he is crazy talk him into straight up trading for my seats and restriping his car.

Or tell him it would look cool with red seats lol.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good Seer. It's not completely out of the question. Where are you located?

I will start a "feeler" thread on our local Canadian Mustang forum just to see if there is a local guy interested. I think the Recaros are wonderful. If my seats had a side airbag he was willing to swap .

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good Seer. It's not completely out of the question. Where are you located?

I will start a "feeler" thread on our local Canadian Mustang forum just to see if there is a local guy interested. I think the Recaros are wonderful. If my seats had a side airbag he was willing to swap .

I'm in Pennsylvania, in the states.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
power seats will work, heated won't. the button for the heated seats is on the dash. it may or may not have the wiring for that even if you put in the buttons.

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
This might be off topic but I was planning on replacing the stock cloth seats in my 2008 mustang gt with the ford racing recaros. My concern is the air bags inthe seats and if i don't plug in the air bags in the seat will it set the air bag light? Also how would I turn off that light.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Seat swap is complete. In case anyone else is crazy enough to trade Recaro for stock seats it's a straight swap. Just plus em in and the power worked and everything. Didn't even have to reprogram airbags or anything. Thanks for the help guys.

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
I'm "local" (intra-border anyways).

My GT/CS seats would look great in that shelby.

But not as nice as those Recaro's would look in my GT/CS

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back