Seriously Officer 4 tickets

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Whats the cost of living in NY? I know its not cheap and from what Ive heard 100k in NY is not much. Starting pay for LEO here in Ga is around 28k a year with maybe a 3% raise every year.

it definitely isn't cheap. for a house that cost say 200k in pennsylvania, 4 bedroom, 2 full baths, 2 garages, and a conservative 1 acre, you would pay close to 1 million anywhere south of the tappanzee bridge. and half that north of it. but then youre adding a 1-2 hour commute to the city each way

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
i have gotten 2 that i didn't deserve. one was a wheelie ticket on a motorcycle in a parking lot that the owner had given me permission to wheelie/stunt/whatever. i was moving in a couple of weeks and really couldn't afford to come back to court with a noterized letter cause gas would have cost me more than the $125 ticket.

If the owner would have given you permission to kill a kid who ran out into the parking lot while you were doing wheelies, you still would have gone to prison for it.

You've only gotten one ticket you didn't deserve. Assholes popping wheelies on motorcycles on highways or parking lots deserve what they get. Including a ride to the hospital if they wreck it.

And yes, I hold myself to that same statement. I used to pop wheelies int he interstate when I was in my early 20's. Then I grew up a little bit after watching one of my buddies go from a stud who maxed out his PT test every time we took it to a quadriplegic after wrecking his bike while six of us were doing wheelies and grabbing asphalt racing down HWY 1 in California in 1990.

Not trying to be a dick to ya bro, but that wheelie ticket was all you.

Midnight00SE

forum member
Reaction score
So just browsing through these 6 pages and here's my thoughts:

The ODBP (Original Douche Bag Poster) makes a thread about how the effing cops pull him over for doing dumb crap. I'm still waiting to see what all 4 tickets are about. I think he hid in a hole knowing he's an idiot.

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
If the owner would have given you permission to kill a kid who ran out into the parking lot while you were doing wheelies, you still would have gone to prison for it.

i was in a parking lot of a machine shop in an industrial park after hours, no one in else in the lot. private property. same thing has happened to my friends later and they got out of it in court with a note from the owner. give me a little credit.

it's not like i was in a wal-mart parking lot at noon doing wheelie's down the aisles.

sucks that your friend killed himself, but i can think of at least 4 friends off the top of my head that have been killed on bikes. all of them were just regularly riding, no stunts. crap happens...

Last edited:

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score

You've only gotten one ticket you didn't deserve. Assholes popping wheelies on motorcycles on highways or parking lots deserve what they get. Including a ride to the hospital if they wreck it.

And yes, I hold myself to that same statement. I used to pop wheelies int he interstate when I was in my early 20's. Then I grew up a little bit after watching one of my buddies go from a stud who maxed out his PT test every time we took it to a quadriplegic after wrecking his bike while six of us were doing wheelies and grabbing asphalt racing down HWY 1 in California in 1990.

Typically parking lot stunting is low speed, 15-30mph stuff. And I doubt your going to stunt in a full parking lot. Provided is was an empty parking lot, I really don't see any harm in doing stunting. Around here they do stunting at schools for kids lol.

That sucks about your friend, sometimes mistakes happen. All riders can do is wear as much protection as possible. Doing wheelies is pointless, but fun. Some would say the same about riding a motorcycle in general. Time and place play a big factor in your chances of getting hurt though. I practiced doing wheelies/endo's on a deserted road for a while in order to learn in a safe environment. Learning how to "endo" actually saved me during emergency situations. I'm not saying "endo'ing" can save your life, but in an emergency I've grabbed the front brake a little to hard which lifted the back tire slightly off the ground. I think it was better that the feeling of the back tire not being in contact with the road was not foreign to me and because of that I didn't panic when it happened.

jdslow300

forum member
Reaction score
I suppose within reason. I think the laws and the lack of training to get a drivers license is the problem. Are cops really making others and I safer by giving me a speeding ticket for doing ten over? Not really, they are creating great revenue under that guise though. And who doesn't like the feeling of being "safe". I think people who text while driving, put makeup on, eat in the car, etc etc are more dangerous. But hey if they are going within the speed limits, chances of them getting pulled over is slim. So while I may get pulled over for doing 10+ over the speed limit, I'll pay a lawyer $100 to go to court, get my fine reduced to half and go about my way. I give police donations, its just in the form of speeding tickets.

THIS!!

I imagine that most officers don't join hoping to be the glorified mobile meter maids that they are, but, that's what most policemen have become.

It's been proven again and again that "speed" is not to blame in the majority of accidents, poor suburban design and driver distraction is far more often the cause. Speed makes those errors deadlier of course, but the guise of public safety as a reason to pull someone over doing 10 over is all a lie.

To protect and serve does not mean to sit and scalp commuters driving home from work, pulling in thousands of dollars monthly straight from the peoples pockets. Police are generally reactionary to any crime, very rarely preventing anything, but that's what happens when you jam all your officers in patrol cars.

I would love to see police ticket people for failure to signal, for distracted driving, or my favorite, driving slow as hell in the passing lane and refusing to move over. Hell, I don't know why officers don't stop to help stranded motorists. The sad fact is though, most policemen in America will spend every day in their car, issuing ticket after ticket for years on end, occasionally responding to a crime.

Officers have made themselves bill collectors of the state, and people see this. I have dealt with some great cops, namely when I was hit head on by some dumbass. Most of my interactions with them have built the perception that most are pricks, despite the positive impressions of a few.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick to ya bro....but you must be ignorant of law.

You can wheelie all day on private property. The cop in that situation overstepped his authority and should have taken the time to listen and investigate before issuing a citation. Would have been dismissed in court.

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
So just browsing through these 6 pages and here's my thoughts:

The ODBP (Original Douche Bag Poster) makes a thread about how the effing cops pull him over for doing dumb crap. I'm still waiting to see what all 4 tickets are about. I think he hid in a hole knowing he's an idiot.

+1...... I posted this morning and the OP still has not let us know what he got the tickets for. Lmao

2011slowstang

Reaction score
I can see one says ...Driver not belted ..?? And the last has something to do with a sigh ??

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
I can see one says ...Driver not belted ..?? And the last has something to do with a sigh ??

from what i can figure the white ones are probably a speeding and careless/reckless driving tickets. one is a no seat belt. the other yellow one says "sign" and "traffic" so i'm thinking he either ran a stop sign or failed to yield at the yield sign and pulled in front of traffic???? is this correct?

2011slowstang

Reaction score
From looking at my last florida ticket slip, His first ticket is checked off at no proof of insurance.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
THIS!!

I imagine that most officers don't join hoping to be the glorified mobile meter maids that they are, but, that's what most policemen have become.

It's been proven again and again that "speed" is not to blame in the majority of accidents, poor suburban design and driver distraction is far more often the cause. Speed makes those errors deadlier of course, but the guise of public safety as a reason to pull someone over doing 10 over is all a lie.

To protect and serve does not mean to sit and scalp commuters driving home from work, pulling in thousands of dollars monthly straight from the peoples pockets. Police are generally reactionary to any crime, very rarely preventing anything, but that's what happens when you jam all your officers in patrol cars.

I would love to see police ticket people for failure to signal, for distracted driving, or my favorite, driving slow as hell in the passing lane and refusing to move over. Hell, I don't know why officers don't stop to help stranded motorists. The sad fact is though, most policemen in America will spend every day in their car, issuing ticket after ticket for years on end, occasionally responding to a crime.

Officers have made themselves bill collectors of the state, and people see this. I have dealt with some great cops, namely when I was hit head on by some dumbass. Most of my interactions with them have built the perception that most are pricks, despite the positive impressions of a few.

Yes most are reactionary but if I can recall correctly the Kansas City Preventive Patrol Experiment proved that even if you have officers only coming outside of the headquarters during a call it doesnt matter in the number of crimes. Such as if one part of the city has double the patrol and the other sector has the normal amount of patrol and the other has no patrol only reactive the citizens still felt the same in no patrol as they did in double the patrol and the number of crimes in those areas stayed the same.

Define going slow as hell? Do you mean not doing 15-20 mph over the posted speed limit? And also define occasionally responding to crime?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick to ya bro....but you must be ignorant of law.

You can wheelie all day on private property. The cop in that situation overstepped his authority and should have taken the time to listen and investigate before issuing a citation. Would have been dismissed in court.

You may have a point. I hadn't considered the private property thing.

Do you think there are different laws in different cities or county's? I know here where I live, if you don't stop at all traffic control devices, whether on the roads or on private property, you can get a ticket. My son and I are going to court tomorrow for his not stopping at a painted on the ground stop sign in a parking lot. I reviewed my county traffic code and it appears as though the cops can ticket on private property that is accessible regularly and often by the driving public. Such as Lowe's like where my knuckle head, errrr, son, got his ticket.

p71sohc

Reaction score
This is seriously sad how a few of you have no respect for Police officers. How about this......If you hate the Police this bad, never EVER call them when something happens to you. If someone breaks into your house some night, call the Fire department and see how far you get!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back