Seriously, winter can kiss my ass.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i agree im getting sick of these 60* days i like it hot. damn california winters and their blue skys with a hint of brown tinge from smog.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys did get nailed..Still not as bad as Connecticut and the New England area..We have over 3 1/2 ft. of snow accumulated on the ground...

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Damn you guys did get nailed..Still not as bad as Connecticut and the New England area..We have over 3 1/2 ft. of snow accumulated on the ground...

No kidding, it's like at every street corner there is a 10ft high mound of snow, and you cant creep out to see if a car is coming. If you can see it, you're too far out.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I hate the snow as much as the next guy. but I have been laid off from my Union job since early Nov and they do not foresee any work breaking till may or june. I worked a total of 108 days in 2.5 years at my "regular" job.

I bought a house in florida (west coast) 7 years ago so I didn't have to deal with the snow, who would have thought that the economy would take such a crap that I cannot enjoy my snowbird living.

I plow snow in the winter and make more in one storm than I would in 2 weeks at work, no benefits but hell, the bills get paid.

I feel bad for the people in North Dakota, you can keep all that snow.

995_Snow3_1.jpg

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
This is what I came to witness when I came to work today. My poor Mustang under all this white shit. That about as far as I got in an hour. Still have some work to do.

This was the Blizzard of 2011 in Chicago. I gotta get the hell out of here. For real.

IMG00074-20110203-0930.jpg

-Mike

Wow.... That's buried for sure.... Haha

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
This is what I came to witness when I came to work today. My poor Mustang under all this white shit. That about as far as I got in an hour. Still have some work to do.
This was the Blizzard of 2011 in Chicago. I gotta get the hell out of here.

Yea, at my shop (bensenville) we had drifts like this, or worse.
This 'event' builds character/ toughness! I would say the real reason
for leaving is taxes or politics. Take up skiing/snowboarding,
and you will look forward to winter...
PS. this is a great foto, the car looks ANGRY!

Last edited:

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
The car looks pissed off!!!

And I thought I had some snow on my car. i clear it off after every storm, not sure what the convertible top will handle.

This is the last storm.

2707f52c.jpg

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
Yea, at my shop (bensenville) we had drifts like this, or worse.
This 'event' builds character/ toughness! I would say the real reason
for leaving is taxes or politics. Take up skiing/snowboarding,
and you will look forward to winter...
PS. this is a great foto, the car looks ANGRY!

You have a shop in B-Ville? I went to Fenton HS MANY years ago. Yeah, Illinois has NOTHING for me. We have the worst government in the US IMO, the highest taxes, this BS snow...if I could only convince my wife so we can move somewhere warm, I'd be out like a light! I was born and raised in Chicago, I put my time in and got my stripes...I want to retire somewhere warm, LOL!

-Mike

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
havent had a hurricane in 5 years buddy :thumb:

Plus, hurricanes are usually a down time of around a week or two, your winter... not so much.

So that means youve had one. And are now overdue. Clocks ticking, buddy. And if your house gets blown away its longer than two weeks of "down time". Even if your house isnt "blown away" you still get damage and flooding. Unless the guys up north have a wreck, which can obviously happen even in just a rain storm, or perhaps their pipes freeze, their "damage" is simply mental, psychological from the "discomfort" they feel, endure.

Of course, where I am Ill never have a hurricane, snowstorm, wildfire OR earthquake.

My buddy does the same thing from Phoenix. It pisses me off

WOOT!

Last edited:

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
I rarely see rain, don't think the GT ever has! Don't miss the lawn mower either. Of coarse it is a bitch trying to keep water in the pool when summer hits, never thought I'd need an indoor pool to escape the sun!

Last edited:

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
There was a Mustang under there. I think it was waving its wipers in help. Two hours of digging just to get her out.
DSCN0729.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ that's a great shot

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back