Shooting for 11s N/A

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of getting a Circle D 3600 stall which will be installed and tuned for by the shop that just did my dyno tune the other day. I'm also trying to find some Steeda CMCV economy plates (they're not all that easy to find).

Since I ran the 12.49, I've put back on my off-road H pipe and the 1 piece Spydershaft driveshaft. I'm getting some vibrations still from 5000 rpms in 4th and beyond but it's not nearly as bad as it was before I did all the suspension work so I'm hoping it'll help at least a bit. Due to the vibrations, I don't expect the standard 2/10s in the 1/4 everyone tends to see.

With the mods in my signature, the things I've done since my last run, and the converter and CMCV delete plates, I'm hoping for an 11.9x pass my next trip out to the track (Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown). If I come up short of my goal, what should I do next to help bring down ET?

I want to keep the motor stock and my goal is 11s N/A. I don't like the $/hp of long tubes and plus the install is a PITA. If the CMCV deletes do what everyone has told me they do, I'll be perfectly happy with 310rwhp. I think 11s are possible as is with the mods above but ideas for next steps are something I'm running out of.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i would be pretty surprised if your latest round of mods nets you 11's. i run my car really hard with the mods in my sig, and my best is 12.22 @ 114.

i know you say you don't want long tubes, but with those and cams you should get a lot closer. the latest mod to net me the most performance increase was a tune with revised cam timing from bama. i've got a thread about it somewhere.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75547

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
:omfg: You guys running better than some supercharged guyss..HOLYYYYSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
I just installed the LT headers and CMCV Deletes and was hoping it would be good for 2tenths . Not sure about a half of a second ,like your wanting.

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
There's more in the car before the driveshaft, o/r h, dyno tune, and stall than 12.49...I was getting faster as that night went on and the track let go (poor prep, not much traffic, cold track). Figure it had 12.40 in it as it was. Hoping for 3/10 from the stall and another 1/10 from the o/r h and driveshaft.

I guess what i'm hearing is my best bet if I need more is LTs. I'm going to try to find more weight reduction as well :)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I am finally in the 11's after 5 months and almost 50 passes, and I have a blower. It took a perfect combination of air temps, track prep and getting the suspension and tires dialed in to pull it off. Last Sunday it was 75 degrees and I was running 12.2.

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also in the process of trying to go 11's NA. I know it's not going to be simple but I've got a stock pile of parts I've been buying that says I'm gonna give it a heck of a shot lol. Good luck on getting it done!

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
I am finally in the 11's after 5 months and almost 50 passes, and I have a blower. It took a perfect combination of air temps, track prep and getting the suspension and tires dialed in to pull it off. Last Sunday it was 75 degrees and I was running 12.2.

What's your race weight with you in the car? I should be just around 3400 lbs with me in the car.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's your race weight with you in the car? I should be just around 3400 lbs with me in the car.

mine is also 34sometingish...don't remember exactly. i would suggest pming the guys on the all motor 3v list and get the straight skinny on the extent of the mods it took for them to go 11's.

i really don't think you'll get there with the converter, drive shaft, and long tubes even.

in my previous post i talked about the bama race tune. i picked up 5mph and .17 with it over my previous best time, with only the tune being different.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
3725LBs is what I raced at last year. Just installed Kmember and A-arms. Trying to get it to 3600LBs. Also just got rid of the RaceStars and bought some Weld RTS. Added the long tubes and CMCV deletes. Hoping for 12.teens at the season opener in Bradenton Florida.

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
Rojizostang- just out of curiosity what's the typical DA where you run at?

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i haven't calculated it. i do however make sure the weather is going to be pretty good before i go. i don't even care about going in the heat of the summer as i know the times will stink.

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
I was just wandering, I'm the same way, I don't even bother going unless I'm sure the weather is going to make for some good air. My mods are going to be very close to the same as yours except Im running a bbr cam. If low 12s Is the best I do I'll be happy all things considered, but 11s sure would be nice lol.

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
mine is also 34sometingish...don't remember exactly. i would suggest pming the guys on the all motor 3v list and get the straight skinny on the extent of the mods it took for them to go 11's.

i really don't think you'll get there with the converter, drive shaft, and long tubes even.

in my previous post i talked about the bama race tune. i picked up 5mph and .17 with it over my previous best time, with only the tune being different.

What was it they did with the cam timing? Did they want a data log for the changes or was it something you specifically requested?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Weight reduction is the key to hitting those 11s.

For weight reduction I remove the passenger seat (4 bolts, 49 lbs) and I've replaced my K member with a BMR. There's a lot more I could do there but I want to keep it a street car that goes to the track, not a track car that's street legal.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What was it they did with the cam timing? Did they want a data log for the changes or was it something you specifically requested?

in one of the installation guides for the hr cams, there's a chart that gives suggested cam timing @ wot per rpms. i forwarded that info to bama along with my original bama tune, and they agreed that the cam timing needed to be updated. i do not however know if they used those numbers or their own. i do know it made a 5 mph difference and .17 on et.

For weight reduction I remove the passenger seat (4 bolts, 49 lbs) and I've replaced my K member with a BMR. There's a lot more I could do there but I want to keep it a street car that goes to the track, not a track car that's street legal.

i do exactly the same thing. i also remove the spare tire and jack. the cervini's hood however is heavier than the stock hood, so i lost a little there. i'm thinking of finding a race seat and brackets for the driver side to install only on track days. i also replaced the rad support with the steeda ultra light piece, and moved the battery to the trunk. also the 1 piece ds is a considerable amount of weight. i'm running the dss shaft now which isn't quite as lite as some of the others, however it's vibe free and worth every penny, and guaranteed to like 800hp, iirc.

i also have custom built front skinnies from a set of gt premium wheels, and the et street bias ply tires are also quite a bit lighter than et street drag radials. i probably won't do too much more weight reduction other than the driver's seat.

this is also on a set of eibach pro kit springs. i set the d specs at 7.5 turns out in the front, and 5 out in the back. turn the 2 step to 5 k and dump the clutch. i netted a 1.64 short time last time out. i think there are some gains to be made in my case in the short times. a 1.59 would have easily netted a 12.1x

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I plan to get some kind of lightweight seat working just for track days, that should cut a little off, looks like I am going to need to have something custom made though for a kirkey seat or those kinds.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score

I hear ya.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back