Shooting for 11s N/A

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Good Luck, your going to need it. It might be eaiser just to buy a 2012 GT.

We had a Track rental last october and a guy came up from texas with his Kona Blue 2012. with just a tune (stock airbox), DR's and axle-backs he was running 12.1 and pulling the front tire off the ground.

It'd definitely be easier to buy a 2012 GT haha! I'm hopeful that I'll get close. If I don't make it, it won't be lack of trying. I ran high 12.40s before the off-road H, spydershaft, stall, and dyno tune. The torque converter is being installed as we speak and I should have the car back tomorrow. Weather is looking good for getting to the track Friday night but not sure that's going to work out with my schedule just yet.

Those 2012 GTs have been on my mind but I already have a car note for my IS350 (daily driver).

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I commend you sir, I've been trying to just break into the 12's. I have alot of mods and haven't run on anything but street tires, but haven't got out of the low 13's though the last time I ran I ran on a bad plug didn't realize it till top end was stuttering like hell. My track sucks and is 1500 ft above sea level.. I've only been able to run on hot days but I'd be shit tickled pink to run mid 12's here. Good luck on your venture I hope you can do it.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I commend you sir, I've been trying to just break into the 12's. I have alot of mods and haven't run on anything but street tires, but haven't got out of the low 13's though the last time I ran I ran on a bad plug didn't realize it till top end was stuttering like hell. My track sucks and is 1500 ft above sea level.. I've only been able to run on hot days but I'd be shit tickled pink to run mid 12's here. Good luck on your venture I hope you can do it.

Get some slicks and you'll be running 12's for sure.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
^ Thats the plan I got some racestars (weight reduction) over my aftermarket 18's plus ET Streets. I hope to get into the 12's this spring with it.

I also plan on removing the front sway bar, spare tire and jack and going on just as little gas as possible.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damn automatics running good times all the times. pfft.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damn right it is and more of an achievement than one pedal and hold the steering wheel lol

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
:omfg: You guys running better than some supercharged guyss..HOLYYYYSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver mod isn't expensive, just extremely hard to find.
Exactly give some of those guys running good times NA more power with a blower and they will just go faster yet. Driver mod may be the most important mod of all yet it seems for some to be the most difficult to obtain.
Damn right it is and more of an achievement than one pedal and hold the steering wheel lol
+1 going fast w/a manual gets you the bragging rights :clap:

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Exactly give some of those guys running good times NA more power with a blower and they will just go faster yet. Driver mod may be the most important mod of all yet it seems for some to be the most difficult to obtain.

+1 going fast w/a manual gets you the bragging rights :clap:

Work smarter not harder lol

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to work alot harder getting a stock bottom auto 281 3v in the 11's :cheers:

i cant tell if your being funny or serious...lol.

none the less. i have an 06 gt auto with a tci 3000 convertor, 4,10's, spydershaft, jegstar 15's on drag radials, american 1 5/8 longtubes with offroad x-pipe, steeda u/d pullies, c&l race, gt-500 t-body and economy deletes. can tuned by BBR its been a best of 12.41@114. the only weight reduction currently is a tubular sway bar delete and removing the shaker speakers and amp from the trunk along with the spare tire and jack.

currently i am installing BBR cams and an FRPP intake. i am shooting for 11's with these changes. i think it may come up a tad short, so my next move would be a 3500-3600 stall.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
^ Thats the plan I got some racestars (weight reduction) over my aftermarket 18's plus ET Streets. I hope to get into the 12's this spring with it.

I also plan on removing the front sway bar, spare tire and jack and going on just as little gas as possible.

I wouldn't go under a 1/4 tank of gas or you'll run into fuel slosh issues.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
i cant tell if your being funny or serious...lol.

none the less. i have an 06 gt auto with a tci 3000 convertor, 4,10's, spydershaft, jegstar 15's on drag radials, american 1 5/8 longtubes with offroad x-pipe, steeda u/d pullies, c&l race, gt-500 t-body and economy deletes. can tuned by BBR its been a best of 12.41@114. the only weight reduction currently is a tubular sway bar delete and removing the shaker speakers and amp from the trunk along with the spare tire and jack.

currently i am installing BBR cams and an FRPP intake. i am shooting for 11's with these changes. i think it may come up a tad short, so my next move would be a 3500-3600 stall.

I'm being serious, Spyder (Ron Leonard) worked his ass off to get his 281 car in the 11's, He did end up with a few nice 11.8x passes in decent air. Not crazy air but decent. He's the only auto I know of that has done it. The quest for 11's with an N/A 3V is won in the 60'. Stick cars can get the big launch rpm's you need for that. If you look at the 1/4 mile time slip records for N/A 3v's it's all stick cars in the 11's. No way trying to shoot you down, and I believe it can be done for sure, but, in this case I believe the auto cars have a disadvantage.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
11's n/a in any auto car isn't easy. The only reason my TA went 11's was because of the 60'. I ran a 4200 non-lock up stall, m/t et street dr's, and 3.73's. Heck it weighed 3600 with me in it. Anything over 110 is enough to run 11's with the right 60'. I wish there was some faster 3v's in my area. Most are stock or fi and I don't think I've even seen one break 11's at the track. One guy with hotrod cams and a 125 shot ran 12.001@118 on street tires but that's the fastest 3v around here and he just sold that car.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
I'm being serious, Spyder (Ron Leonard) worked his ass off to get his 281 car in the 11's, He did end up with a few nice 11.8x passes in decent air. Not crazy air but decent. He's the only auto I know of that has done it. The quest for 11's with an N/A 3V is won in the 60'. Stick cars can get the big launch rpm's you need for that. If you look at the 1/4 mile time slip records for N/A 3v's it's all stick cars in the 11's. No way trying to shoot you down, and I believe it can be done for sure, but, in this case I believe the auto cars have a disadvantage.

understood. i thought you were reffering to using a power adder = easier. though i admit to liking the blowers and turbos, i dont think i would do it differently. in the beginning it was tuff, i was getting stroked around by makeshift tuners and companies just trying to upsell me more parts. hell if i heeded their advice by using thier charts. you know the old .2 for this, .6 for that formula...hell my car would be running 3's @ 2000 mph....lol.

all in all, im into going 11's (and i will be for sure with a looser convertor) for around $4000 in mods to my car. a friend of mine spent $6000+ for his saleen blower and dyno tune, as well as another $1000 for his precision convertor.....he has been only a best of 11.90's with it. now im not saying he couldnt peak it up with what he has, i do believe he is set up relatively conservative (being that it is his daily driven car, he has a 9 sec bbf foxbody as his toy)....but considering dollars spent, and on a budget over time (3 yrs) i would do it this way again to achieve comparable performance.

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Blah blah, you and your [email protected] :trout: :kidding:

:beer:

Did anyone else notice that German Shepard is posted twice? Once in the 3v Power Adder and once in the 3v All Motor ... Unless he has two cars and Fox Lake makes a power adder:idea:
I only have one 3V car and its an NA car-Fox Lake did my heads. Maybe I was tossed in the power adder group as well for an absolute ranking or something? I dont want to come across cocky but I can assure you Id never post I ran low 11s with FI!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I only have one 3V car and its an NA car-Fox Lake did my heads. Maybe I was tossed in the power adder group as well for an absolute ranking or something? I dont want to come across cocky but I can assure you Id never post I ran low 11s with FI!

I was sitting there scratching my head going I know you have the 5.4 3v but I didnt think you had a FI car lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back