Should I drop some BBR cams in my turbo 326?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The cams won't be the limiting factor in rpm. The stroke will be. Those bigger stroke engines don't like going over 7000 rpm for very long. Plus....you won't have to twist the engine past 7k anyway. That thing is going to make absolutely stupid power up to that point. I really see no reason to spin that big bastard over 7000 rpm.

If they can change the LSA with a one week turnaround I would go ahead and order them.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah - that's what adam was saying with the big stroke. He was saying I'll most likely be shifting at 6K and 6500 max.

I think I am just going to order those on Monday with the 14 lsa. It might not be the perfect 227/237 but it's pretty close and conveneint 1 week turnaround with the lsa change.

I'm probably ordering them on monday but do you really think they will give me that much more accross the board? Basically, in your opinion, think they are worth it for my car?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
This will narrow the "window" between the intake and exhaust centerlines. If the exhaust closes too early the scavenging will not be complete and the incoming charge will be contaminated.

Generally, tighter lobe separation angles cause an engine to produce more midrange torque and high rpm power, and be more responsive, while wider lobe separation angles result in broader torque, improved idle characteristics, and more peak horsepower.

This is just a guideline of course. Very small cubic inch engines need a very wide lsa. Smaller stroke engines for example. With these big bore, stroker engines I honestly feel that anything wider than 114 degrees is not needed. If this were a stock bore pushrod 302 with a stock 3.00" stroke the 115.5 or 116 lsa would work fine.

Last edited:

Gixx1300R

Reaction score
If you are still looking for a set of cams I have a set of BBR stage 2 that are brand new and never installed. Also comes with variable cam sprockets. $500.00 plus shipping

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
If you are still looking for a set of cams I have a set of BBR stage 2 that are brand new and never installed. Also comes with variable cam sprockets. $500.00 plus shipping
Are thoses the lock out gears/sprokets?

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Woohoo!:snoopy Looks like I'm running BBR's. Gonna be a bad muther fucker fo sho!
Oh yeah, looks like I owe 94tbird a buck too:beerdrink:

Last edited:

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
MMR

It looks like I found this thread a little late. I would have snatched up those BBRs too. Does anyone have an opinion or experience on the BBR turbo grinds that they offer?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It looks like I found this thread a little late. I would have snatched up those BBRs too. Does anyone have an opinion or experience on the BBR turbo grinds that they offer?

Don't have any experience with them but welcome to the site!

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
Did you talk to Chris from BBR?
Are these different from the Stage 2 that i have?
I may have to phone Chris on monday

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back