Slammed on 18s, post your pics!

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
i daily my car, its my only vehicle, the low is an inconvenience, but worth it.

plus i really don't care if i bang up my exhaust i can find those mid pipes on the forums as take offs for $50, just a neccesary cost as far as im concerned hahaha

You don't have issues with your front bumper and side skirts? I was dropped almost 3" in my 07 and i had to be super careful about those 3 things. Front bumper,side skirts, and exhaust.

duggyb

Parts For Sale Lurker....
Reaction score
i dont have any issues with my front bumper, but i have no lip and i take everything at as extreme angle as need bed

as for side skirts mine have never scraped but i have scraped the pinch weld right beside the sideskirt, which is lower then the sideskirt, thats only in extreme situations and slowly going in and out of places.

other then that my front subframe hit once when i was cruising at 60k and hit a huge dip in the road, but i have had the car on the stands and nothing is damaged in anyway except the exhaust. i could throw new pipes on and some undercoat or a quick spray of paint and no one would even know.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Can't go wrong for $79 bucks, noticed all the black cars in here are the lowest. LOL:hi:
Can I haz your Bee Bee Esss wheels??? Lol I love those wheels. They are so sick on an s197. I tried to find a used set but they all seem to be in chrome and I hate chrome

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
Question for you you real low guys. Your exhaust obviously gets beat up on a regular basis, seen any ill effects from this (exhaust leaks, etc)? I just finished up my new suspension and I love the stance, but it drags the exhaust real bad coming in and out of my garage. I wasn't able to get a good angle coming out like I usually can, and it got me to wondering about it.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Question for you you real low guys. Your exhaust obviously gets beat up on a regular basis, seen any ill effects from this (exhaust leaks, etc)? I just finished up my new suspension and I love the stance, but it drags the exhaust real bad coming in and out of my garage. I wasn't able to get a good angle coming out like I usually can, and it got me to wondering about it.

on 18s i was scraping exhaust on unfinished man hole colvers. our cars are great for low ride heights. all the essential components are placed in the frame. rear exhaust pipes are about the same height as frame so odds are if you scrape frame your exhaust will scrape too. it would take alot of careless driving to do this tho.

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
on 18s i was scraping exhaust on unfinished man hole colvers. our cars are great for low ride heights. all the essential components are placed in the frame. rear exhaust pipes are about the same height as frame so odds are if you scrape frame your exhaust will scrape too. it would take alot of careless driving to do this tho.

I'm pretty careful anyhow so that's good to know. When I finished up the PHR, rear shocks, and springs, I lowered the car and the floor jack got stuck underneath it. lol

I'm not used to rolling this low so it makes me kinda nervous, but man does it look gooooooood now.

duggyb

Parts For Sale Lurker....
Reaction score
i have screwed together treated deck wood in levels to make nice steps so to speak of and thats even using a low profile jack, pretty easy procedure once you get used to it.

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
i have screwed together treated deck wood in levels to make nice steps so to speak of and thats even using a low profile jack, pretty easy procedure once you get used to it.

I built some last weekend myself actually.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
IMG_20120519_153208.jpg

IMG_20120519_153231.jpg

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
Just got back from the alignment shop. There is a definite increase in the NVH. I can hear an occasional exhaust rattle, and a little noise from the Steeda plates. Nothing too terrible though.

v8ilnk.jpg

2w3nsyo.jpg

mm74mh.jpg

This is how it sat before with a Pro-kit.

2uptr9j.jpg

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
^ Looks amazing. What is your current setup? I looked thru your posts but didn't find any info.

Thanks! Up until yesterday I was rolling on Pro-kit springs with stock dampeners, and factory hats. Now it has Koni STR's, H&R SS springs, and Steeda camber plates. I had to use 05-10 parts since I didn't want to fork out the extra coin for adjustable Koni's.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Up until yesterday I was rolling on Pro-kit springs with stock dampeners, and factory hats. Now it has Koni STR's, H&R SS springs, and Steeda camber plates. I had to use 05-10 parts since I didn't want to fork out the extra coin for adjustable Koni's.

Thats great. I am having exact same dilemma right now. Koni adjustable vs STRs to go with sportline which has similar drop to HR SS. Hows the ride compared to pro kit + stock shocks/strut? Their website says STRs are for the mild drops.

Dumbstixlars

forum member
Reaction score
Thats great. I am having exact same dilemma right now. Koni adjustable vs STRs to go with sportline which has similar drop to HR SS. Hows the ride compared to pro kit + stock shocks/strut? Their website says STRs are for the mild drops.

MM's site said that the STR's were supposed to be compatible with the SS springs. I hurried up and bought them since Koni's are 20% off until the end of the month. They are firmer, enough like I said to cause a little more NVH, but not as stiff as my 91 LX with H&R R&T springs and Bilstiens. Definitely feels better then the stock stuff. The car was real floaty and wallowed a bit in turns with the stock stuff/Pro-kit.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Kind of surprised when I see some of you guys with 5.0's going with 18's vs. 19's. Hehe, I'll swap my 18's out for your unwanted 19's. :)

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Can I haz your Bee Bee Esss wheels??? Lol I love those wheels. They are so sick on an s197. I tried to find a used set but they all seem to be in chrome and I hate chrome

no-meme-rage-face.jpg
LOL

Thanks, the BBS RK that look chrome are actually Plasma coated and are really rare. The problem with them is that the coating flakes and chips away after time.
I'm in the middle of looking for new wheels right now, not sure what size but definitely different than the norm.

dougie b

Reaction score
^^ And you're going to sell them to me immediately once you click "purchase" on those new wheels

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
no-meme-rage-face.jpg
LOL

Thanks, the BBS RK that look chrome are actually Plasma coated and are really rare. The problem with them is that the coating flakes and chips away after time.
I'm in the middle of looking for new wheels right now, not sure what size but definitely different than the norm.

100% truth! I had BBS RK Plasma wheels on my 03 Cobra. They were a BITCH to find but totally worth it!! By the time I sold the car the Plasma coating was starting to peel. Those wheels make damn near anything look sexy!!

To wet your whistle.....I miss this car like you wouldn't belive.

IMG_2175CHOP-1.jpg

IMG_2162-1.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back