slammed with 10+ wide on front, post your pics!

DRock

Reaction score
22986211042_8f01720428_o.png

This is the worst one i've ever seen. White wheels, bushwacker flares, giant splitter and bagged. Ruined a perfectly good mustang

I'll admit, the front bumper is a little too boy racer for my taste, but please enlighten me as to how whomever owns this Mustang ruined it? The person that owns it is probably in love with it and that's what matters. So unless you post a picture of a mustang that was wrecked out of carelessness/stupidity or left to rot (no offense Darren), I wouldn't call it ruined. And being bagged most definitely should be on the list since it's been proven that airlift can provide stance AND performance.

Right? Joined 3 years ago and didn't read the rules then or now.

Sir that is HIS car. Trololololololololol

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Vossen CV2's on 20x10.5 45mm with fit in the fronts with Brembos??? Looking to buy a set and want to make sure!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I will when I find flares that overtake the existing fender, just like RB.

Trufiber has them.

http://trufiber.com/shop/ford/2005-2009-mustang/2005-2009-mustang-fiberglass-lg274-t-fender-flares/

http://trufiber.com/shop/ford/2005-2009-mustang/2005-2009-mustang-fiberglass-lg274-s-fender-flares/

TC10024-LG274-23.jpg

TC10024-LG274-35.jpg

I've already been down the fender flare path back in my import days, and it just doesn't fit my current build, but it may be just right for that Bullit/GT500 hybrid of yours.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't understand the flares that wide for our cars. We can already stuff 325's out back if you try, how much more tire do we need?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
The only problem I have with those flares is the same thing ive been having. Which I believe is what Cam is saying ( I could be wrong). The flare needs to come down to the bumper up front and hide the front of the tire. The front flare can be open in the rear and that will be fine. But the flares need to start from the bottom and continue up fender/quarter until it opens up in the rear. It just looks like it is missing something with them being open on both ends of the flare

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand the flares that wide for our cars. We can already stuff 325's out back if you try, how much more tire do we need?

This is primarily about looks not performance.

The only problem I have with those flares is the same thing ive been having. Which I believe is what Cam is saying ( I could be wrong). The flare needs to come down to the bumper up front and hide the front of the tire. The front flare can be open in the rear and that will be fine. But the flares need to start from the bottom and continue up fender/quarter until it opens up in the rear. It just looks like it is missing something with them being open on both ends of the flare

I could see that. Maybe some universal carbon dive planes on the bumper and a phat splitter would work to fix that? Something similar to these BMW pieces.

http://www.chicanemotorsport.com/Carbon-Dive-Planes-p/0002.htm

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
That would be a good start but I dont think that would work still. It would look out of place. Im just a really picky person when it comes to how something looks. If I dont like it. Ill take a loss and sell it or change something about it to get a more desired effect. All that being said. I am most definitely not bashing them. They look good. Just not good enough for me to buy. I still havent seen a full one for the 10-14 cars. Seen some just like the ones shown in this thread but not a full flare. Thats what I wanna see

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Yea they're not the design for me, but they're the closest thing I've seen to Rocket Bunny style flares for the 05-09 years.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Damnit, this thread now has me wanting to find some 10.5's for the front of my car. Ferrada has some new designs that look good on the S550's and I'm still in love with the Niche Verona's.

Would a 20x10.5 +30 work or is that just too aggressive? Looking at some of the other images here it seems that something closer to the 40 is preferred, but I can't imagine there's enough meat on that hub to machine them down 5-10mm. They have a 20x10 +40 that I know would work fine, but was wanting to get the deeper concave face of the 10.5's to try and clear the calipers and the fenders up front.

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I don't necessarily love the flares, but it solves the issue of wanting a wheel where the offset isn't right, like this one:

xxr-526-chromium-black-ss-lip.jpg

I love this wheel and the deep dish, but the company doesn't make the right offset for Mustangs.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily love the flares, but it solves the issue of wanting a wheel where the offset isn't right, like this one:

xxr-526-chromium-black-ss-lip.jpg

I love this wheel and the deep dish, but the company doesn't make the right offset for Mustangs.

Check out the Concept One RS8's. These are 19's but I know they have 20's (unsure of offset and widths though):

attachment.php

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
So fitting 10" wide wheels on the front with a concave face and trying to clear Brembos is complicated. Hoping that with a little camber and some fender rolling we can make this happen.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Fenders are rolled from the factory on '05+ Mustangs.
If you're talking about maybe flaring out the fender lip, be very careful with that, paint can crack, lots of places won't do it.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
There's a small lip still. They're not 90 degrees, but more like 45 or so. I've borrowed a friends tool to see if I need it or not just in case.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
So fitting 10" wide wheels on the front with a concave face and trying to clear Brembos is complicated. Hoping that with a little camber and some fender rolling we can make this happen.

How far does the wheel poke past the fender? Add another ~.25" for a mounted tire. Looks like you have a long way to go if you want the front tucked in the fender.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back