smoking 11

5.SLOW

Reaction score
just curious i just notice last couple days my car smokes and smells like oil burning. the kicker is it dont do it all the time. i was wondering maybe i need a catch can or rings bad? any thoughts

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its a pcv valve you need to replace,I'm still a 3v'r so I could be wrong but this is a known issue.. there are a couple threads here on it.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Check with James. Jewc75 he can tell ya all about this. And the fix. GT500 PVC valve I believe but I'm a 3v'r too so don't know crap about the 5.0 except what I read on here.

Sent from iPhone

5.SLOW

Reaction score
ya it has about 23000 miles on and it just does once in awhile. i just notice it twice came up to a stop sign and seen it and when i pulled away i could smell it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would start with a catch can on the passenger side. If you have one already id order yourself a GT500 PCV valve part number is Motorcraft EV279. Check your oil regularly.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
lol ya my 3v was done and like how it looked this goin take awhile to get it where i want it. if give me problems already geez.

also whats the cause for the starter to stay in gauge having that issue now.

JerryC

Reaction score
Did you just change the oil, or add some? My 11 will do this if the oil is past halway in the "good" zone on the dipstick. It did stock and after the blower.

I could never find a source for the smell either, no obvious leaks or smoke pouring out just the oil smell.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sky if you have more than 10k on your car dont sweat it. According to Ford the coyote doesnt break in until 10k. With my other car the pcv cured the smoking issue. Now with this car it hasnt used a drop of oil and i dont have any smoking issue. This car has almost 8k on it already. I drive it hard and beat the hell out of it every chance i get. Oh and it was tuned a few weeks after getting it. lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back