Some Jackwagon hit my Sons Mustang

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last Night I was looking around the site at about 11:20p and I heard a skid and crash outside, I got up from my computer to look out the window to see a white 2000 ish 4 door backup then pull out on the street and take off, so I yelled to my family that someone hit Brads Car, I ran and hopped into the SUV and took off after him, He was stopped at the top of the hill, I could see hit brake lights then the reverse lights flashed (Like he put it in park then back to drive) I get behind him and flash my highbeams trying to get him to stop. he turns left down a dead end street so I block the road with my SUV, he turns and drives directly at me as I stand outside the SUV and drives on somones lawn trying to get around me mising my by inches and takes off. well the SUV turns like the queen mary so it look me a few seconds so I lost him. by this time my family is out in the street and see's him coming back at a high rate of speed (80mph) as he flys by my son throws a rock at the car the person lost control and spun out at the stop sign intersection (2 houses away) he was able to get turned around and takes off down the main road at over 100 mph I was never able to catch up.

I have several peices of head light lens and a partial Licanse plate number.
not enough for cops to go on, they need the make amd model of the car to go into the database. I was wondering if anyone can tell by the parts what kind of car it is?

IMG_0705.jpg

Incoming Skid Marks

Yes that where the car was sitting except 3 feet back it was pushed up 3 ft. The Bumper is torn and the foam behind it is cracked. the Exhaust system is bent and the gas tank strap is damaged so the car went under the bumper.

There is some wrinkeling on rear fenders above the rear wheels. It does not look that bad from outside but who knows what lies under the skin?
IMG_0692.jpg

Outgoing Spinout

IMG_0698.jpg

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too bad you didn't get a pic of it with a cell phone or something. The Lic # is always the first thing I look for. It would have been game over if you had it.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought I had all the numbers but the police said it came back as a Pickup truck not a Car. So they could have been stolen plates or I did not get the numbers right. He did try to run me over so adrenaline was flowing making me not think correctly

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Pieces remind me of an SC300.

2270511248_5055d64212_b.jpg

1st gen gs300's used a similar style light as well.

JDM_Headlights.jpg

By the way, your son is stupid for throwing a rock at the car. I understand he was aggravated, but he could get into deep shit throwing a rock at someone, even if it was at a person whom hit his car.

Last edited:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pieces remind me of an SC300.

By the way, your son is stupid for throwing a rock at the car. I understand he was aggravated, but he could get into deep shit throwing a rock at someone, even if it was at a person whom hit his car.

True, The Cop was more concerned about him standing in the road than throwing a rock. Cop told him that he would loose against a 4000 pound rock.

Wow that is Close.. the Lexus GS300 1993-1997 looks alot like the car. it was a 4 Door

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score

I don't disagree, but if someone hit my car and attempted to run after nearly running my dad down as well, I'm thinking rocks aren't the only projectiles that will be coming his way, and there's a lot of holes in the desert out here. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
what the fuck? that shit sounds straight out of a movie man that sucks that he got away that's jail time for sure.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but if someone hit my car and attempted to run after nearly running my dad down as well, I'm thinking rocks aren't the only projectiles that will be coming his way, and there's a lot of holes in the desert out here. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

Yes, a vehicle can be considered a lethal weapon. I would have been sending some projectiles his way if he tried to run me down. Especially if I had witness there to testify to the fact he was trying to hit me with the car.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, a vehicle can be considered a lethal weapon. I would have been sending some projectiles his way if he tried to run me down. Especially if I had witness there to testify to the fact he was trying to hit me with the car.

Not that I'm for the criminal, but the court system can also look at the fact that he escalated the situation by chasing him then "blocking him in" with an suv. Then getting out of the SUV, which the cops might ask what the intentions were of getting out of the vehicle. If the intentions were to hurt the individual, then in effect the criminal might have a leg to stand on as to why he ran. Then throwing a rock at a car could have it's own ramifications, what if he plowed into someone due to your son throwing the rock. A lot of variables I know, but escalating a situation only to use deadly force with a gun is just asking for trouble. I don't wish anyone's shit to get trashed, hell my car has gotten egged twice. But I don't think it's worth almost getting ran over/thrown in jail.

Joser281

Reaction score
That sucks man. Sorry that asshole got away. You didn't see like the make at least? Maybe check local bodyshops? Go to them as if you were looking around for someone to "work on a project" and see if they give you sort of like a tour and maybe you can spot it. It's a long shot but hey it might work...

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
The Cops would do the same thing with someone who did a hit and run and was still running except they would hit him with a 4000lb car instead of a rock. I probably would've done worse if given that situation.
Yes, a vehicle can be considered a lethal weapon. I would have been sending some projectiles his way if he tried to run me down. Especially if I had w

Not that I'm for the criminal, but the court system can also look at the fact that he escalated the situation by chasing him then "blocking him in" with an suv. Then getting out of the SUV, which the cops might ask what the intentions were of getting out of the vehicle. If the intentions were to hurt the individual, then in effect the criminal might have a leg to stand on as to why he ran. Then throwing a rock at a car could have it's own ramifications, what if he plowed into someone due to your son throwing the rock. A lot of variables I know, but escalating a situation only to use deadly force with a gun is just asking for trouble. I don't wish anyone's shit to get trashed, hell my car has gotten egged twice. But I don't think it's worth almost getting ran over/thrown in jail.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. Sorry that asshole got away. You didn't see like the make at least? Maybe check local bodyshops? Go to them as if you were looking around for someone to "work on a project" and see if they give you sort of like a tour and maybe you can spot it. It's a long shot but hey it might work...

I was trying to focus on the plate but I ran out of the house without my glasses, so I was limited to what I could see at night.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that..guess this pushes your engine rebuild ever further?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
The Cops would do the same thing with someone who did a hit and run and was still running except they would hit him with a 4000lb car instead of a rock. I probably would've done worse if given that situation.

I can understand following someone to get their tag number. Police would have used a spike strip, used a pit manuever, etc etc. That's a bit different from throwing a rock at a car coming by you while standing outside.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that..guess this pushes your engine rebuild ever further?

Yea, I am not catching any breaks for sure

What Really Sucks is that if you claim on your insurance they make you pay the deductable and ding you on higher rates because you made a claim.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Oh, by no means did I mean to say he did the right thing getting out of his car. He should have followed the guy enough to get the lic #, or a pic with his cell phone would have been really good but that is as far as he should have gone.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
So a pit maneuver or spike strip provides less danger than throwing a rock? I think not.
The Cops would do the same thing with someone who did a hit and run and was still running except they would hit him with a 4000lb car instead of a roc

I can understand following someone to get their tag number. Police would have used a spike strip, used a pit manuever, etc etc. That's a bit different from throwing a rock at a car coming by you while standing outside.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
So a pit maneuver or spike strip provides less danger than throwing a rock? I think not.

Dumbasses are dangerous regardless if a rock is being thrown at the car or a spike strip is laid down. Police get trained how to stop a car with a pit maneuver and spike strip. I doubt there's a school that teaches you how to stop a car with a rock. Are spike strips/pit maneuvers safe? No, but what was a rock being thrown going to accomplish? Also, it was done out of anger, not self defense. The cops have a goal of stopping someone when they perform a pit manuever/deploy spike strips.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back