Somewhat Overheating on Road Courses

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
The DashDAQ has two 0-5V 10-bit inputs, so I just chose a load resistor for the thermistor and wired it so the analog input is fairly linear between 50 and 150 degC (since that's the area I care about). Then I used a feature in the DashDAQ that lets you upload a custom calibration for the channel.

ThermistorCalibration.jpg

I thought this was the most practical approach for measuring oil temperature throughout the time I own the car, but there is a downside. Since the thermistor OD is not much smaller than the minor diameter of the drain plug, I had to use a lathe to modify the OEM drain plug. Hand tools would not be accurate enough unless you made some sort of jig.

There are certainly other ways to do it, some of which are easier than this, but this was best for my purposes.

barbaro

forum member
Reaction score
I was out at willlow Springs with my Boss 302S hood. It was 102 degrees. I have a boss oil coolr and a Boss Oil pan. Car is heavily modified N/A build with ported heads an comp cams and Boss intake. Also forged rotating assembly. Anyways, with Saleen grill and hood, Car went 12 laps no heating problems whatsoever. Car ran at freeway temps. The hood makes all the difference in the world. Just maximise airflow. http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/06/26/featured-carlo-spigas-2011-ford-mustang-gt/

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I was out at willlow Springs with my Boss 302S hood. It was 102 degrees. I have a boss oil coolr and a Boss Oil pan. Car is heavily modified N/A build with ported heads an comp cams and Boss intake. Also forged rotating assembly. Anyways, with Saleen grill and hood, Car went 12 laps no heating problems whatsoever. Car ran at freeway temps. The hood makes all the difference in the world. Just maximise airflow. http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/06/26/featured-carlo-spigas-2011-ford-mustang-gt/

Where did you get a Boss 302S hood?

Edit: NM, I see now that it's a Tiger Racing hood.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back