Soooooooooooo close to 10.xx

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Second time out for 2016 and first time to Kilkare Raceway in Xenia, Oh. Drove an hour to get there, unloaded the trunk and swapped to the DR's, made two passes 11.07@125 and 11.08@125 on almost identical 1.69 60 ft times. Below is an in car of the 11.08 pass. Hoping the BMR Drag springs that just arrived will help me find a solid 1.60 ft or maybe even a 1.5X and claim that 10.xx.

https://youtu.be/EYlwksOejUs

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I've been to that track, though it has been 10 years. I used to live within earshot of the place.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been to that track, though it has been 10 years. I used to live within earshot of the place.

I was bummed out. They used to have an awesome fried Bologna sandwich. I asked for one today and the concession server looked at me like I was crazy. Probably one of the best tracks in the area less the very short shut down area.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
What was the DA? Your so close to 10s good air should get you there. Nice runs dude.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. It was somewhere around 2100. Not the worst I have seen in the area but far from the best. At least it wasn't raining for a change. I'm hoping the drag springs will ding me that little extra that will make it into the 10.xx range. If not I'll just call Justin at VMP, order the 79mm pulley and have him tweak the tune and that should get me there.

I see in your sig you have the Detroit rocker cams. I had those in my 05 and loved them.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Good seeing you yesterday Bob. Sorry with all the video and the wait to eat we didn't get a chance to talk some. Hope to see you and the Mrs again soon.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Guess I should update this. The car has since run a best of 11.03 in 1400 DA. Installed a triple pass HE a few weeks back and was glad I did. The upcoming NMRA True Street event was going to rely on it being temps would be outrageous that weekend. Going to yank the front sway bar off of it and make some passes locally again after Father's Day. Once I achieve 10.xx with what I have its time to add a JLT123 CAI, 56# injectors and prepare for turning up the boost next year after upgrading the oil pump gears this coming winter. Then its 79mm pulley, VMP elbow, and boost-a-pump time. May also be time for upgrading to a 258mm 2C Circle D stall as well. But that depends on money. Would like to get more use out of the factory converter before pitching it.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Do you have any video from outside the car? What shocks do you have on the rear?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ I am running Lakewood 50/50's. Everything else less panhard is all your stuff in the back. LCA's, relo bracket, UCA/bracket, 50/50 drag springs. LCA's are on middle hole. I believe UCA is on upper hole. Front end is all stock because BMR does not make a 1" drop front drag spring. Can't run 1.5" and won't risk buying GT500 Drag Springs to try only to find they sit too low. Too much work for a chance. May look into Strange front adjustable's in the future. May even consider cutting half a coil out of a spare pair of stock fronts and trying them out since the fronts are linear and not progressive springs as I understand it. Kicking around also taking the front sway bar off which will help as I understand. Just haven't gotten around to it.

LOVE BMR STUFF BTW!!!

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
I would definitely remove or disconnect the front sway bar at that track, thats going to help you out for sure. A video from outside the car would be awesome to have, that way we can see whats actually going on with the suspension. Can you feel if the car is spinning or unloading during and after the launch?

Glad to hear you're loving your BMR stuff!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a rear shot of the car on the 11.08 pass. It didn't spin and friends who were with me concurred with that. Tires are 295/45/17 MT ET Street Radial II's on 17x9.5 rims that are about 2 years old but stored dark and dry. The plan is to either go to the new R series MT et 305/45/17's or go to a 15x8 setup next. I plan on pulling the front sway bar for this Friday. If you have any other suggestions aside from tires please feel free to offer up. Thanks Kelly, always a pleasure working with you guys at BMR!

Tire pressure was 14.5 that day after cooling down between passes and driving up there. Seems that tires likes 14.5-15.5 psi on my setup either at KK or Edgewater which can really be hit or miss when running on a DR radial.

https://youtu.be/1fNQIG0m_Cg

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
The car looks like it's leaving great, you can also try dropping to the lowest hole on the relocation brackets. I'm not sure if the Lakewoods have the capability to control the hit with that much anti-squat though.

I'm also not Kelly ;)

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Air wasn't the best in the world Friday night, but DA finally dipped down to about 1900 at 8:00pm. Made a pass against a friend of mine in his 2.9 Whippled 15 (stick shift) car earlier and lost 11.18 to his 11.03. We ran again in opposite lanes this time and I ran 11.15 to his 11.22 though he red lighted. No gap either time. IT was side-by-side clear down the track. He'd shift, I'd pull on him, then he pull, then he'd shift and I'd pull a little and he then pull. Was a blast both times. I'm happy with the results, aside from still trying to find my reaction time. But that's all about seat time and practice. Needless to say the 10.xx still eludes me running on DOT DR's. A solid 1.60 or 1.5x would have likely handed me the time. But a few small improvement mods HP wise are in route at the moment and hopefully this will be enough to make it in safely and remain on the DOT ET Street II's until such time I can obtain a pair of 15x8's and go to a MT R series bias ply DOT DR that have just been added to the MT website.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back