South Carolina Folks.....

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So my wife tells me she wants to go someplace warmer in February (3rd or 4th week of the month) for a week when she is on vacation from work. And then asks how far can you drive us (her our daughter and myself) in a day. I say 14-16 hours easy. Yeah I know it's not a distance, it's a time. So she gives me that look and says where would that put us? I say Myrtle Beach or so.

So is much open in February in MB? What's the weather like that time of year?

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
surfstang lives there I think, he'll chime in I'm sure. It's definately milder than NY, you won't see any snow, but the water will be too cold to get into. I'm figuring 50-60's from my expereinces

I know I don't live there but it's 5.5 hrs for me so it's an easy get away for us.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's about what I was thinking. I'm trying to convince her that we should just fly to Miami. We can rent a little econobox and run down to Key West for a day or two, check out the everglades, maybe go to the beach one day. But the flight will be around $1500 for us round trip.

But by flying we pick up like a days time saved from not driving. It's like an extra day of vacation.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So not much going on in Feb huh? Just more ammo to go to Miami!!! LOL!! I've always wanted to got to Miami/Key West/the 'Galdes.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I'd vote for Florida too, I was just thinking this weekend of taking a trip down there maybe in Feb. or march. I usually just go to Daytona/Ormond/ Ponce Inlet, but I might go to Orlando this winter. My wife wants to go to Disney. I'm not sure I'm stoked about that.

Hcbr929rr2

forum member
Reaction score
not to hijack this thread or anything but how is the whole myrtle beach area as a whole as far as living there?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd vote for Florida too, I was just thinking this weekend of taking a trip down there maybe in Feb. or march. I usually just go to Daytona/Ormond/ Ponce Inlet, but I might go to Orlando this winter. My wife wants to go to Disney. I'm not sure I'm stoked about that.

My wife and I went to Disney 2 years ago in the last week of February. It was great. Not terribly busy and the weather was 75-80 and sunny for the entire week. Very nice for a couple Western NY people used to sub 20 temps at that point.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back