Spark plugs changed 2007 4.6

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
I changed my plug Monday. Not as bad as I thought it would be.
Here is what I did.
I talked to my friend Joe at Mustang Magic.
Then I took everything out of the way of the plugs. So I would have no problem getting to them.
Took the coils off. I sprayed PB Blaster into the plug holes. Just enough cover the bottom of the plug. Then I brook lose each plug, Maybe half of a quarter of a turn. Enough so the fluid would seep into the plug hole and around the plugs. I resisted the urge to try and take the plugs out right then, Good idea. I let it soak for 3-4 hours. The first plug I tried to take out binded a little so I went to another one. That came out fine. After every plug I would remove I went back to the problem plug and gave it 1 or 2 turns in an out each time. Anyway they all came out fine, even the one that was a problem. They just take patience.
The car has around 47,000 miles on it. I put the old plug and new plug next to each other and I could see the diffferance in the electrode. The old plug was about half of the size of the new plug.
Good luck guy's

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
please review the posting rules for our tech sections

moved to chat

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Did you take any pics of the new and old? In anycase, glad it worked out for ya.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back