Special Thanks to Jim Sr. and JDM for the newest 10 second daily driver.

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
We had some issues with our saleen blower on my silver car and after SEMA, made the trip to See Jim Sr. and Jr. at JDM for some help on this issue. They had no problem helping us out and doing more work than we had wanted to do, but after seeing some of the things around there and the work that the guys at JDM do, it was a no brainer.
Being a Shop owner, when we got back, there were alot of changes made around the shop after seeing the work and quality that the guys at JDM put into every car.

I'll say a bit more on this later, but let's say that if every shop owner in the country went to See this operation first hand, We would all be making some changes to how work is done and how the shop is set up.

on to the good stuff from Tonight:

We took my stock motored, Automatic, Silver car to Houston raceway park tonight for some testing with the new JIM SR. Combo, and I am speachless for what this car did. Here are the results, and after the first run the track official warned us very nicely about a cage and some other safety equipment, on the second run we were told very bluntly, to get out of the track. Here are the times:

1st run:
60'----- 1.510
330'---- 4.427
1/8th---- 6.869
MPH----- 100.64
1000' ----- 8.989
1/4 -------10.774
MPH-----126.48

2nd run:
60'----- 1.504
330'---- 4.434
1/8th---- 6.886
MPH----- 100.30
1000' ----- 9.016
1/4 ------- 10.811
MPH----- 125.65

I sent the video to jim III so maybe he'll post it up.

More to come after we get the cage done and change a pulley.

Last edited:

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
Gratz on the times. Is this going to change up your blower rebuild?

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome Joe, really impressive numbers, especially on stock shortblock. It takes some balls to man up and concede that another shop does some things better, and then come home and implement those changes in your own shop. There are so many different opinions on varying setups, tuners, and shops on the boards, and sometimes there are legitimate reasons for discontent, but stories like yours, and Jim's recent 9.85 pass prove without a doubt that you guys are doing something right.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome Joe, really impressive numbers, especially on stock shortblock. It takes some balls to man up and concede that another shop does some things better, and then come home and implement those changes in your own shop. There are so many different opinions on varying setups, tuners, and shops on the boards, and sometimes there are legitimate reasons for discontent, but stories like yours, and Jim's recent 9.85 pass prove without a doubt that you guys are doing something right.

+1

Congrats Joe!!! I'm still speechless.

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Outstanding. I thought you sold your shop though.

I did, But I am still in Charge of what goes on in my Shop. When it comes down to it, someone else's name may hold the ownership of the Business, but the work that goes on is still mine to do and mine to see that it gets done right.

There will be some new things happening soon at the shop so things will change a bunch soon.

Last edited:

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Joe ..how much PSI you running and what Rpm you left the line at?

I want to say it is seeing about 13 PSI and I left the line each time at around 1800-2000 RPM's. The track wasn't prepped the best, so I didn't want to waste a run by spinning all through the 60 ft.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to say it is seeing about 13 PSI and I left the line each time at around 1800-2000 RPM's. The track wasn't prepped the best, so I didn't want to waste a run by spinning all through the 60 ft.

thanks! your 1.50 60ft is damn good for leaving at 2000 rmp's My best today was a 1.66 at 2000 rpm with 13psi on the M&H 325's thougth I could have gotten it down to a 1.62 :(

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
thanks! your 1.50 60ft is damn good for leaving at 2000 rmp's My best today was a 1.66 at 2000 rpm with 13psi on the M&H 325's thougth I could have gotten it down to a 1.62 :(

What gears are you running? I am taking the car to a local 1/8 Mile track next Friday night that is known as the "House of HOOK" to see what kinda 60' times we can get as well as get "that" pic of the wheels hanging in the air.
I think after some more track time with it, I can get the car in the low 1.4 60' times.

I am running the 275/60/15 MT ET Street Radials with about 18 PSI in them, and the rear Shocks set 5 clicks tight from full loose.

Back