Specialty Car Insurance

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
Sorry if its been discussed, did not find a thread on it.

I had Hagerty specialty car insurance on my last mustang. The car had to be stored in a locked garage, and it was very inexpensive.

Well, I've since upgraded to a 2007 CS/GT, but I no longer have access to a garage.

Does anyone know of any other companies that will off cheaper rates for cars driven very little, and not stored in a locked garage??

I know, its a long shot, but just looking for options.

tia,

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I recently shopped for it and got Iron Shore Indemnity to insure my car for a gaurenteed value but every company I dealt with said you needed to have another vehicle for each driver in the house and it had to be stored in a locked garage.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I recently shopped for it and got Iron Shore Indemnity to insure my car for a gaurenteed value but every company I dealt with said you needed to have another vehicle for each driver in the house and it had to be stored in a locked garage.

^ This

a-train

Reaction score
does a garage utilizing a garage door opener qualify as a "locked garage". I'm assuming it is...but not really sure. thanks in advanced!

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I have been pulling my hair out for 6 months. Hagertys, Heacock and Grundy want all drivers to have vehicle newer than 15 years. I have a 22 year old on his own insurance and pays it himself but because he lives on the property he is included he drives a 98 jeep, my DD is a 93 truck and soon to be driving 15 year old is sure as hell not getting a new car, wife drives a 2012

Gaining to call iron shore this afternoon.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score

Called their Charlotte office and they told me they only insure antiques and collectables and an 07 didn't qualify

Can you PM who you talked to ?

Thanks

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I will look it up. I have a 2011 with too much money in it. I sent them receipts and pics and asked for a gaurenteed value. They sent a guy out who was actually pretty knowledgable. He agreed with my accessment, gave me the gaurenteed value, checked my garage and made sure I had two other vehicles. Boom done. I also got the "white glove" towing service as well.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back