Spend my money....$3-400

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
The car already has tint and is lowered.

Future plans? Well boost would be nice later down the road, but it's a far fetched dream. I just want it to be fun; which it already is. I just like to tinker.

My biggest concern is that my wife drives the car just as much as I do (I take the girls to daycare in the truck and she picks them up-swapping keys mid-day). I don't want to do anything to make it less enjoyable for her to drive.

And honestly, I'm not a noob, I really do know what my options are, I just thought it would be fun to hear what the masses say.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Steed Bumpsteer kit and X11 ball joints. The bumpsteer kit and ball joints will make your lowered car handle and more enjoyable to drive. Also consider the Whiteline rear sway bar and a set of their relocation brackets. Both options could be purchased for less than $400 and really improve the handling for the price.

-Nick

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Buy two more tires and install some burnouts in your favorite parking lot?

YoungBlood

forum member
Reaction score
Totally missed the sig when I suggest tint and lowering. $400 will buy you a handheld tuner, that would be my vote. Maybe the 2011+ are different but I know on my car I can just return it to stock and it's like it was never tuned, if it ever had a warranty to start with

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Totally missed the sig when I suggest tint and lowering. $400 will buy you a handheld tuner, that would be my vote. Maybe the 2011+ are different but I know on my car I can just return it to stock and it's like it was never tuned, if it ever had a warranty to start with

Dealer can tell if they look that something was done on the '11-'14s, but tunes do so much to these cars it is worth it IMO.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Dealer can tell if they look that something was done on the '11-'14s, but tunes do so much to these cars it is worth it IMO.

If it's gone this far without major drivetrain trouble the chances are very good that the warranty won't be needed imo.

OP get the tuner with tunes. SCT X3 would be your best bet imo. I think it will be worth every penny and your wife will like it too. It will also support any future mods like headers, forced induction, even a tire height change.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I had mufflers and an intake with a tuner 3 days before I brought my car home from the dealership. :roflmao:

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
The answer to this one is super easy.

Buy at Shelby Alcantara/Leather steering wheel. They're $182 from Levittown Ford, and it's a perfect mod for not too many bucks. That would easily be the top of my list for under two hundred bucks. Plus, it's literally something you can see and feel every single day when you drive your car.

Paul.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^This...and add the gt500 alcantara shift boot and parking brake boot. Cheap and easy upgrades that really class up the interior of these cars.

Or save the money and put it towards a new set of wheels.

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
If it's gone this far without major drivetrain trouble the chances are very good that the warranty won't be needed imo.

Funny you should mention that....in it's short 22,000 mile life it's had the tranny out twice and the ring and pinion replaced twice. That's a different story for a different day and a tune wouldn't have caused any of those problems to occur.

I've actually been eyeballing the Boss 302 steering wheel. I'll look into that one.

Wheels are definitely in the future, but at $400/ea (Forgestar CF5) that will wait a while.

I'm definitely leaning towards the tune at the moment. I think it will return the most smiles per dollar.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
fancy interior shit?
no.jpeg

Get a tuner.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned it but if you're still riding on stock shocks and struts then an upgrade there will be very noticeable and greatly improve handling. Look at the Koni orange for an awesome handling improvement that both you and your wife will appreciate.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that....in it's short 22,000 mile life it's had the tranny out twice and the ring and pinion replaced twice. That's a different story for a different day and a tune wouldn't have caused any of those problems to occur.

I've actually been eyeballing the Boss 302 steering wheel. I'll look into that one.

Wheels are definitely in the future, but at $400/ea (Forgestar CF5) that will wait a while.

I'm definitely leaning towards the tune at the moment. I think it will return the most smiles per dollar.

Given that track record I'd be a little apprehensive to mod it. How is everything now? Do you think that Ford has the issues figured out?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
fancy interior shit?
no.jpeg

Get a tuner.

LOL Frankie!

I'm with you. To me mods are performance related on this forum. That's why I come here.

Well excuse me if I like to have it all! LOL A well rounded car with good power, handling, looks, and comfort...and a little interior bling is nice, since I look at the inside of the car as much or more than the outside.

Last edited:

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
Given that track record I'd be a little apprehensive to mod it. How is everything now? Do you think that Ford has the issues figured out?

Seems mostly better as far as I can tell. I still don't think the tranny is 100% right! but that could be a fluid issue. Who knows. Probably all in my head.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
My MT-82 was replaced by the dealership under warranty at a whopping 18,000 miles. They tried everything they could to get me to tell them that I abuse the car. I guarantee you if I had modified the drivetrain they would've found a way to void my warranty.

No thanks.

Now that my warranty is up, I'm happy to put a tuner on it and do more horsepower related stuff, but the smiles from a $400 tuner would've been heavily outweighed by the multi-thousand dollar transmission job, and having to replace the damn thing on my back in the garage.

Paul.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
My MT-82 was replaced by the dealership under warranty at a whopping 18,000 miles. They tried everything they could to get me to tell them that I abuse the car. I guarantee you if I had modified the drivetrain they would've found a way to void my warranty.

No thanks.

Now that my warranty is up, I'm happy to put a tuner on it and do more horsepower related stuff, but the smiles from a $400 tuner would've been heavily outweighed by the multi-thousand dollar transmission job, and having to replace the damn thing on my back in the garage.

Paul.
Your warranty is up? You have over 60,000 miles on it?

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, not my powertrain warranty. My 3/36 is up. Nonetheless, my point remains the same.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back